Monday 13 May 2013

Trend of the Week: Denim

Lovely people- lets talk denim. I love denim, particularly because I tend to live in my jeans when I'm at home but today we're talking things that are slightly different. I've chosen a variety of pieces and as usual  i'll just tell you how I would style them.

I'm kind of obsessing over these shorts at the moment- they have gorgeous embroidery and in the store the embroidery is almost neon, it's super bright. The light denim colour just really looks right to me and they're slightly high-waisted so that's always a bonus. Also I like that they're not too frayed at the bottom and they're just a nice twist on a normal pair of denim shorts. I'm hoping to snap these up myself in the next month!
How I'd wear these: they are perfect for summer with a white tank top tucked in and then some Vans or Converse for a really casual look.
£35, Topshop

Now moving on to something slightly different; this denim bralet is another piece perfect for summer. I love the hook and eye fastening up the front, it just a great bit of detail.
How I'd wear this: with a bright printed a-line skirt or similar in some tailored shorts, maybe add some loafers of brogues (whichever you prefer) and some cat eye shades.
£20, Miss Selfridge 

This skirt is from a brand called 'The White Pepper', this skirt is super cute as it's made from a light cotton denim so it wouldn't be too heavy or uncomfortable. The pleats make it super girly but you could easily toughen this up if you're not into a super girly look.
How I'd wear this: I'd keep white as the main colour to this outfit with a white crop top or blouse and then some white cut-out brogues to just add a twist of fun. A daisy necklace like this would top it off perfectly!
£45, ASOS

The last item is probably the most out there but I just couldn't resist when I spotted this pastel pink acid wash number. It looks just like a long denim jacket with buttons all the way down and I just really think it works due to the tight fit. It's not for the faint-hearted: if you're going to wear this wear it with confidence.
How I'd wear this: some lace cycling shorts would work really well under this in my opinion and then just add some chunky sandals and wayfarer style sunglasses.
£55, Motel

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...