Thursday 21 August 2014

Anastasia Brow Wiz // Review









Ah, eyebrows. I have a love hate relationship with mine- when I do them well, it makes me very happy, but when they go badly- well, let's not get in to that. I'd been using the Sleek Eyebrow Stylist for a while but was finding it just wasn't working for me as well as it used to. I could never get my brows to look just right so while I was on holiday I picked up the Anastasia Brow Wiz. After much deliberation I went for the shade Medium Brown. There's a huge range of shades that look pretty similar to each other but I tried this one out in the store and decided it suited me the most.

The packaging is very slim and sleek, with a spooly brush on one end for you to comb through your brows and the pencil on the other. Having the two tools in one make it very efficient and great for travelling, because my brows definitely need to be tamed before I fill them in. The pencil is creamy (more so than the Sleek one which seems more waxy) so it's super easy to apply and can be blended away if you make a mistake. Also the fact that it's mechanical and you don't need a sharpener is very useful. The precision you can get with this is fab- while having an angled tip can be useful at times, this allows me to get the exact shape I want every time and it fills in every sparse area. As you can see in the above photo, I can get a really sharp shape and defined brow.

The pencil costs £15.50 from Cult Beauty, although I picked mine up a little cheaper due to the exchange rate.Whether I'd repurchase it probably depends on how long it lasts me- my Sleek pencil lasts me a month of daily use (6 weeks at the very most) so I'm hoping this lasts longer or it would add a lot to my monthly spending.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...