Wednesday 3 July 2013

Tropical Palm Tree Nail Art by Celine- Guest Post

Hello everyone! My name is Celine. I am a nail art blogger. 
I've never done a guest post before, so when Olivia asked me, I couldn't pass up the chance!
We collaborated and decided that a "summery" design was a good idea. 

A while back, Kelly at Base Coat Top Coat nails did this design and I fell in love with it. That said, the design I did is 100% inspired by her lovely work.


In addition to doing a summery design for this post, I thought it would be helpful to show the steps I went through to paint these nails. 

Without further ado, here is my "summer beach nails" tutorial!




 Here are the colors and paints I used in this design. I would recommend using polish for the base colors, but if you're comfortable using paint, that's okay too. Paint and polish are interchangeable in this design, use what you're comfortable with! 

STEP ONE:
Paint about half of your nail with a dark, sky colored polish. 



STEP TWO:
Using a makeup sponge, sponge on a lighter sky blue color. If you don't know how to do this, there's many tutorials on youtube. Here's a good one.


STEP THREE:
Paint the bottom half of the nail nude.


STEP FOUR:
Paint about 2/3 of the bottom half turquoise. This polish should be different from the polish used to paint the sky.


STEP FIVE:
Again using the sponge, sponge on a lighter blue at the top of the "water."


STEP SIX:
Paint thin, wavy lines in the water to resemble real water. You can use this photo for reference.

STEP SEVEN:
Paint thin, brown tree trunks. You can paint as many or as few palm trees as you like. I think one or two is good, not too crowded.


STEP EIGHT:
Using a light green, paint the palm fronds. Short strokes are the best.


STEP NINE: 
Using a dark green, paint over the light green fronds to create depth.


STEP TEN:
Add some other plants on the sand below the palm trees. I used the same technique as the palm fronds- light green first, then dark green. 

Helpful hint: Use top coat to help blend the gradient better.


Here's the finished product again. You can make it as simple or complex as you'd like. Use this design as an accent nail or do every nail. Make it your own! 
I had a really fun time doing these nails and I hope you try this! 
You can find me on TumblrBlogger, and Instagram.

Again, thanks to Olivia for allowing me to do this post! 

Celine

3 comments:

  1. This is unreal!! I love nail art and I never imagined I could attempt anything like this. Love the step by step guide. I might actually try it.

    HELen

    pierrelecat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! Thank you for the helpful tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...