Friday 27 December 2013

Hair History // Part 2

Part 2 of my hair history now, 2012 to the present day still saw a fair few changes to style and colour- see part one here if you haven't seen it yet!


1. February 2012, very dark brown again. This was a style that I went back to many times, just very straight with a long side fringe. I didn't often wear my fringe on my face as it was too much hassle and I've never been one for fussy hair styles.
2. April saw my hair go quite bright ginger which I had for a while and actually really liked. Possibly one of the favourite colours that my hair has been.
3. My hair went natural that summer, this is possibly the nearest to my natural colour it has ever been. Basically since I was 13/14 I've just been growing my hair out. I've had trims and a few various styles but I've never been short again since the boy cut.
4. This is, I think, the nicest my hair has ever looked. This was for a wedding and I got my hair styled before hand. I just think it was such natural curls and I really liked how it framed my face. Why can't my hair be like this naturally?!
5, 6, 7. From October 2012, my hair was a fair pretty much shoulder length and was quite a natural colour.
8. In Christmas '12 I went for a fringe for the final time, but as usual it didn't last long and I haven't had one since then.
9. On to the start of 2013 at last- I was really starting to grow my hair and when I went to the hairdressers I would literally only have a tiny bit off the ends of my hair. I like the shade of red my hair was here.
10. Prom hair! This was June '13, how bad do my roots look! I'd had blonde highlights put in before this and my whole hair was quite light so my roots really showed through a fair bit. I got it curled at the hairdressers for this.
11. This was taken in Uganda this summer, my hair had gone quite light in the sun and was naturally wavey for once! Luckily you can't tell in this photo that I hadn't been able to wash my hair for three days.
12. later that summer, you can clearly see some quite blonde bits here.
13., 14. Both September of 2013, I love the colour of my hair here but because it was so light compared to my natural colour it was such a pain. I had to keep getting it redone to stop my roots looking awful so...
15. ...in October I went for something a little darker. Kind of a dark caramel colour and although you can't tell in these last two photos, my hair is about 3 inches past my shoulder.
16. Finally the present day- my hair is dark red and straight. I haven't really got a fringe as I tend to have my hair off my face a lot, often tucked behind my ear. I wear it up in a topknot a lot as it is just the right length and is so easy when I don't want to bother with my hair.

My hair has changed so much throughout my life so far and I doubt I'll ever stop changing it, particularly dying it because it's an easy way to change my look around. It's grown so much since I first had it cut short, I can't believe it's almost 5 years ago since it was a pixie cut. Despite hating my hair at times, I wouldn't go back and not do it again because it's all lead me to where I am now, and however much it annoys me at times, on the whole I'm happy. Where next? Your guess is as good as mine, watch this space!

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. It's so lovely looking back at past hair pictures. It's true, if you didn't have those past experiences you would not be here where you are now. To many more hair style experiences lol

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...