Wednesday 22 April 2015

New Base Routine ft Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation





I've finally gone high-end! You may have seen a few of these products in my recent Sephora haul but today I wanted to talk about them in a little more detail in regards to my current face routine, rather than review them all individually.

First, the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hr Foundation. I kept hearing so many people talking about this, and in terms of a high-end foundation, it's one of the more reasonably priced ones. There are so many shades to choose from and I whittled it down to three, all of which were so similar I don't think it would have made much difference which I chose. I went for Light Beige which is pretty much perfect for my skin at the moment, and should be for a while as my face doesn't tan as quickly as my body. In terms of coverage, I'd actually say medium to full depending on how you apply it. I squeeze about a pea-sized amount onto the back of my hand and then dot it over my face. I then go in a blend with my Real Techniques buffing brush which I've found works best as the foundation is quite thick and using a much denser brush (such as my Spectrum Flat Top Buffer) would perhaps cause it to look cakey. What I like is that it's buildable, so if I need a little bit more coverage in places I can easily do that. I find the finish to be not as matte as most people claim- the natural dewiness of my skin still comes through and keeps it looking really natural. The lasting power is also great, and I definitely think that it lasts the 12 hours that it claims without oxidising or sliding around, even without primer. The fact that it has SPF 15 in it is a bonus too.

For concealer, I'm loving using the new Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer. First of all, it's a huge tube and I only need the tiniest amount to cover any blemishes or discolouration that the foundation may not have covered. I have the shade 1 which works really well as I like my concealer to be ever so slightly lighter than my foundation, I just find it blends and covers better that way. It's also good and long lasting and doesn't any dryness around spots like some concealers I've tried do. I think this may well become a holy grail product for me!

I set both of these in place with my Kick Ass Powder from Soap and Glory. It's slightly yellow-toned in the pan although this doesn't really affect how it applies. It helps to hold my make-up in place and mattifies any super oily patches but never looks cakey. The large mirror in the compact is fantastic too as it makes it perfect for travelling with.

Finally, onto contouring. I've never been particularly good at this- normally I just sweep on a bit of bronzer or the contour shade from my Sleek Face Form with a fluffy brush but recently I've been lusting after something more precise. I knew that a cream product would be the way to go as I find them a lot easier to work with, and the Clinique Curvy Contour looked like the perfect way to go. Because of the stick form it's very easy to apply. I draw a line on my cheekbones, around my temples and hairline, down either side of the nose and along my jawline. I picked up the number 56 brush from the Sephora collection too (although it's a lot more than I normally spend on a brush it's absolutely perfect for this product) and just blend it in until I'm satisfied. Although it only comes in one shade, I think this could work for a lot of skin tones because it's easy to blend it and make it as light as you want. What's great is that I only really need this one contour product for all occasions- blend it out for an everyday look or keep it a bit sharper for a fancy evening look. All for under £20 too!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...