Wednesday 5 August 2015

Beauty Haul // TK Maxx + Bleach London








It's not often I think to look in the beauty section at TK Maxx but last week I did and picked myself up some complete bargains from some brands that I love. I also picked up a little set of hair dyes from Bleach London but I will begin with the TK Maxx goodies.

First of all is a Nars lipgloss which cost me only £10 in the shade Risky Business. It's my first Nars product which is very exciting as it's a beautiful pinky-brown nude with some shimmer running through it which matches really well with MAC's Brave and Soar if I want a bit more of a glossy finish. I've heard lots of people recently talking about the benefits of Dr Bronner's Magic Soap so I decided to pick up a small bottle of this for £3.99. It's apparently great for washing make-up brushes ans removing stains from them so I'm looking forward to giving this a go. I picked up a skincare duo from L'Oreal too- it contains the Skin Perfection Moisturiser which I use every morning (it normally costs £15 full price) and the matching Micellar water (which I haven't tried but I use the Garnier Micellar water daily so I'm expecting it to be similar) for a total price of £10, which is half the price you would pay if buying these separately so I'm really excited I spotted this.

The item I'm most excited about is the Bare Minerals 30 Day Starter Kit which also cost me £10. My Bare Minerals powder foundation is about to run out and luckily this kit is in my exact shade so I snatched it up straight away. In the kit you get the foundation which, although I don't use on a daily basis, I love for touching up my make-up and adding some extra coverage. The foundation primer is one I also really like, as is the Mineral Veil powder which I've only started using recently (I still have a mini of it from my first starter kit) but is lovely and light- perfect for setting my make-up without mattifying it. The only thing from the kit I haven't used before is the concealer but I imagine this will be light and won't cling to any dryness. Along with this you get two mini brushes- a concealer and a dense buffing brush, both of which I have in the full size versions too. This kit is just going to be perfect for travelling and I think for the products you get, it's a great price.

Finally, I picked up this little trio of Bleach London dyes for £4 in my local Boots. I was super excited to try them after I loved the pink tips thanks to L'Oreal Feria's dip dye kit. However I have tried them out and I am a little dissapointed. The colours hardly showed up in my hair, and although I didn't bleach it especially, this wasn't a problem with the L'Oreal dye which showed up a very vivid pink. Also I'm not a huge fan of the consistency- it is think and gloopy which made it quite messy to work with. I may try these again after bleaching my hair a little as it seems a waste otherwise but if you want a very vibrant colour I would recommend the L'Oreal dyes over the Bleach London ones.

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. You got some great bargains, I'm always on the lookout in TK Maxx

    Emma emhasrednails

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...