Sunday 2 August 2015

L'Oreal Feria Dip-Dye Excess // Review




Yeah, I know- dip-dye is so last year! But I was feeling kind of bored with my hair and since I no longer have to go to school where there are so many rules about hair colour, I decided to try something fun. I originally wanted to pick up the Bleach London dyes but the Boots I was in didn't have any so instead I decided to try the L'Oreal Feria Dip-Dye Excess in the shade Pink Pop. It comes in 4 shades: 2 pinks, a red and a purple and I went for the lightest pink. They're semi-permanent and claim to last up to 10 washes. It comes with a resealable tube of dye (which is great as it means I can top it up if I want to) and a plastic brush for combing the product through your, all for just over £5.

It's been a long time since I used an at-home dye and I always used to get someone to do it for me (so it wasn't my fault if it went wrong!) but for this I decided to go it alone. I've watched enough tutorials on YouTube throughout the years to have a vague idea of how I was going to apply it. I put on an old black top and parted my hair into two sections which I tied into bunches. I then put in another bobble at the level that I wanted the dye to come to, making sure it matched on both sides. Wearing gloves, I squeezed the dye out of the tube and just began applying it onto the hair with my fingers, working it through and being sure to cover it all. The comb helped here as it separated the hair and showed any sections that I'd missed. While my hair has been bleached in the past so the ends are quite light, there are also some highlights through it and my hair wasn't as light as the box recommend, so I was intrigued to see what the final colour would be.

I'm actually really pleased with the intensity of the pink. While it's not as neon as on the box, it's still very pink so I'm happy. There's probably enough in the tube for a few more applications which is great so I'm looking forward to experimenting with different styles.

1 comment:

  1. Who cares if it's so last year? I love it :) It adds a bit of funk to your hair. At least yours doesn't look boring. Pink makes me feel happy. It's the plain people, who all look the same, that I can't stand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...