Sunday 26 April 2015

Illamasqua Precision Brow Gel // Review





I was feeling in a bit of an eyebrow rut recently and my Anastasia Brow Wiz just wasn't cutting it for me so I decided it was time for a bit of a shake-up. This new release from Illamasqua really excited me- and clearly everyone else was excited by it too as it took me ages to find my shade in stock. In the end I ordered from ASOS and went for the shade Strike.

It's a reasonable sized jar (similar to the Maybelline Colour Tattoos in size) but is quite light so I guess it would be ok for travelling. The formula feels fairly similar to that of a gel eyeliner, and it recommends you apply it with an angled brush. The first time I swatched it on my hand I discovered that it's very buildable depending on how lightly or heavily you apply it. I've found that the best way is to take a little on the brush and then wipe off any excess in the lid- it's better to go in with just a little product, as you can pick up what's in the lid to add when you need it, otherwise you end up with an unintentionally strong brow! It's pretty easy to apply because with the angled brush you can get a very precise shape, and if I want something a little softer, I just brush through them with a spoolie brush once I'm done. Probably the best thing about this though is the staying power- once those brows are on they are not coming off until you take them off! No smudging, no fading. I do still go in with a little clear brow gel just to keep them in place but if you don't have wild brows like mind you could probably miss this step.

While it's pricey at £18.50, I'm really glad I bought it. This jar will last me a very long time as you only need a tiny amount for each application and so I definitely thing it's worth it. If anyone else has tried it, let me know your thoughts!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...