Monday 1 July 2013

Trend of the Week: Orange

I've been really into orange lately- from my favourite coral blush, to the hunt for my perfect orange lip colour. The MAC 'All About Orange' collection has been on my radar recently (unfortunately all my favourite products are now sold out!) but it got me looking at some wonderful orange clothing items and I decided it was time to do a post on some of the things I've found.

Neon orange is bang on trend right now so this skirt is perfect. The shape is almost a-line (at least it's not bodycon) which is something I'm loving at the moment. The lace is very girly and I love how it hangs down slightly over the lining of the skirt.
Styling tips: this would look incredible with tanned skin to really make the neon pop. From there I'd go with some leather sandals, a loose grey t-shirt tucked in with some statement silver jewellery.
£40, Topshop

I went off peplums for a while as they were all a bit same-y, but this one I love- the various shades of orange flowers are really eye catching and perfect for summer. It looks like a really nice shaped peplum too- some that I've seen are just a bit floppy as I like ones that are more structured.
Styling tips: I'd just wear this simply with some leggings and some wedge heels for a night out, maybe a blazer and an envelope clutch to smarten it up further.
£14.75, Forever 21

Coloured jeans are one of the simplest ways to inject some colour into your wardrobe as they are so easy to style. I love that they're high waisted and neon too- again, would look perfect with a tan.
Styling tips: I'd keep this simple with a white sheer blouse, some chunky white loafers and a biker jacket. I love them for the summer when the weather is dull!
£30, ASOS

Finally is this tomato-orange dress. The low neckline and wide sleeves are kind of 70s and are very girly and flirty. I can see this being particularly flattering on those with smaller busts and a boyish frame.
Styling tips: for a night out, I'd wear this with some chunky heels and gold jewellery. A statement necklace would really accent the neckline.
£50, Motel

As always, I'd love a follow via GFC, it would make my day- just click here!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...