Wednesday 22 July 2015

MAC Brave Lipstick and Plum Foolery Blush // Review









Even though my birthday was back in April, I've only just gotten round to spending the MAC giftcard I received. I had enough to buy two products so I decided to go for a blush (since I've not tried one before) and a lipstick so I thought I'd do a little joint review for you. The blush I went for is the shade Plum Foolery and is a sheertone shimmer finish. It's a pinky-plum shade with a rose gold shimmer through it which is absolutely gorgeous. It feels lovely and buttery in texture and because it's a sheertone it can look really natural on the cheeks or you can build it up for a more intense colour. My most used blushes are ones that are a little shimmery or glowy as I just think they add extra radiance to the skin all year round so I know I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this.

The lipstick I picked up is in the shade Brave and is a satin finish. Most of my MAC lipsticks are mattes but as I was going for a nude shade I decided to give something creamier a go. It's a lovely dark pink-nude that has a little bit of shimmer running through the bullet, although luckily this doesn't really show up on the lips. I feel really bad as most of my MAC lipsticks are bold, matte colours which, although I love the shades, don't get as much wear as they should, so this one will be a great one that I can wear everyday as it will go with pretty much any look. It's a nice creamy finish but the colour still hugs the lips to it doesn't wipe away after a few minutes, and this matches really well with my Soar lip liner, also from MAC, if I want to really define my lip shape.

I'm super happy with both my purchases as it's not often that I have a spend in MAC, and I'm looking forward to getting a lot of use out of these products. Anyone a fan of either of these products?

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...