Sunday 13 September 2015

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation // Review






If you saw my recent Sephora haul you'd know that I picked up the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. Since then I've used it quite a few times and decided to share my thoughts with you. I picked up the shade 2.0 which is about right for my skin. It looks quite yellow toned in the bottle but once blended in these don't come through quite as much. It recommends that you shake the bottle before use as the product itself is fairly runny in consistency. The small pump though allows me to get exactly the right amount out to cover my face, and it's easy to add a little more should you need to. I buff this into my skin with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (which is my go-to at the moment) and it's very quick to apply, disappearing seamlessly into the skin without having to spend ages blending (unlike the Laura Mercier Silk Creme- I love it but it takes a long time to apply!). I think the coverage can be very varied, depending on how much product you use. Normally I like to build it up to a medium coverage for an everyday look, but if I'm not being too fussy I can just apply a very light layer all over to even out my skintone.

The main downside that I'd seen reviewers mention was the staying power of this foundation. I've used this quite a few times already to get a feel for it, including in very hot Florida weather. My verdict is that the staying power is not too bad. It lasts most of the day, but it does usually wear off first on my nose and chin. Obviously wearing a primer underneath helps to avoid this but really it's not a huge downside for me. If I want a super flawless, very long lasting look I'll always reach for my Tarte foundation as it claims 24 hour wear, but this works nicely for a normal day, if I'm just running errands and am not up to a huge amount.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this product and it's already become a staple in my make-up routine. As I picked it up from Sephora in America it was a little cheaper than it is here in the UK but it's available in Debenhams for £27.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...