Monday 7 January 2013

Trend of the Week: Mint

Feel like I haven't done one of these posts in ages, but anyway, this one is going to be based on the colour 'mint' and recently I've been hearing a lot about this colour. When I was in Forever 21 a couple of weeks ago there was mint items of clothing everywhere I turned, and I read in January's issue of Company magazine that 2013 is going to be the year for green to really take centre stage. For me, mint just screams spring, it's so fresh and light, I think it's a colour that can actually suit most people, depending on how you wear it. As usual, I have four items to show you, and some of them are quite spring-orientated but hey, I hate winter and I'm really looking forward to spring!

So the first three items are from Forever 21 because as I said, they have a huge amount of items in the mint colour at the moment. First of all is this sheer, loose-fitting t-shirt in mint, and it just is really simple with button detail down the back. It's a really good basic for spring, and is so cheap at less than £9.
How I'd wear this: I think this would look perfect with some white skinny jeans (white is also going to be huge, read my trend preview on it here) and some simple studded loafer shoes.

Next is this mint colour cardigan which I think is super cute. It's a nice thin material, so great for layering in the spring and summer evenings. I also think it would be perfect a holiday. If you're not a huge fan of mint, they do it in a few other neutral colours.
How I'd wear this: I think it would look great thrown on over a skater dress, add a satchel bag and some sandals and you have a very cute spring look, perfect for a warm evening out (although I accept it isn't often that warm in the UK!)

The final item I have to show you is this gorgeous lace skater skirt  which comes in mint and also in a pastel blue colour. This pretty much encompasses everything that comes to my mind when I think about spring- it's so pretty and girly (I guess that's what I like about spring- I get to be a lot more girly than I am in winter) and again, would be a perfect item to take on holiday.
How I'd wear this: team it with a simple white t-shirt and a grey blazer, add some brogues and maybe some cute frilly socks, like these from Topshop.

So finally, I love this chiffon mint blouse from ASOS. The folded collar detail is really nice and the light sheer fabric is perfect for warmer days. It's £25 but ASOS do such great quality clothing I think it'll be worth it. Oh, while I'm talking about ASOS I just want to mention something- they now have this thing called 'Personal Stylist Chat' which sometimes pops up whilst you're browsing through the website. If you go on this, it connects you live with an ASOS stylist, and you can then ask them questions about how to style things etc. I've used this a couple of times and I'm hooked- they give such great suggestions, and not just about things on ASOS, you should definitely go check it out!
How I'd wear this: to be honest, I love how it's styled in the picture- with a bright floral skirt, the complete contrast to the soft pastel colour of the shirt. On the other hand, tuck this into your favourite pair of skinny jeans and add a chunky knit jumper for a smarter but casual look.

Another great thing about the mint trend is that I get to whip out one of my favourite nail polishes, Barry M's 'Mint Green' nail paint. I adore this colour, and I'm dying to try out a mint green leopard nail art look that I've seen around.

Hope you found this useful, maybe now you're looking forward to spring as much as I am?!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...