Friday 20 February 2015

Soap & Glory // Haul and Review












Because I have zero willpower, I was shopping recently and couldn't resist a trip into Boots. Soap and Glory products were on 3 for 2 so I decided to pick some up to try. It's surprising that I haven't tried anything from their make-up range yet considering how popular they are, and I was also surprised by how large the range was so it took me a while to choose what I wanted.

The first thing I chose was the 'Glow All Out' Luminizing Face Powder. I'm really craving this gorgeous glowing skin at the moment and so I've been buying so many brightening products recently. Firstly, I must say a word about the packaging- it's made of card but it feels so sturdy, it looks lovely plus it has a little mirror in the compact which is going to be so handy. The product itself is a really fine powder with a slight pink tint and a tiny hint of shimmer. Although I've never tried one, I like to think this is a good dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders and does a similar job. I sweep it over my skin in places where I just want a little bit of extra glow and it catches the light really beautifully. I tend to use this on a daily basis when I don't want to go crazy with a highlighter or along with highlighter for a night out and I'm really pleased with it.

Another glow-boosting product is the 'Hocus Focus' Flaw Softening Illuminator. It's a nice sleek and small bottle yet still has a good 30ml of product in it. It comes out as a white cream which you can see a little shimmer in and it has a range of uses. My favourite way to use it is as a primer- I apply it to the areas of my face that would naturally catch the light first (centre of forehead, nose, chin and cheekbones), then blend any leftovers on the rest of my skin. I love this as a primer because it feels so light- not thick and heavy like some- and just blends into the skin so that you can hardly feel it, yet once my foundation is applied it's just given it a bit of glow rather than the more matte finish that my bases normally have. You can also use it as a highlighter and apply it to the specific areas of the face where you want that glow and you only need a tiny bit of product each time as a little goes a long way.

Finally, I couldn't resist a new lipstick especially because they looked so lovely. I went for the 'Sexy Mother Pucker' Matte Lipstick in the shade Pom Pom. I was tempted by a nude pink but I just had to go for the bolder shade as I'm so drawn to berry lips at the moment and I can't stop wearing them. I did think that perhaps this might be too similar to my latest Bobbi Brown lipstick but was pleased to find that this is slightly more pink toned, whereas Crushed Plum is more purple toned, which means I now have a nice variety and choice when I want a plum lip. The formula itself is lovely too- it's matte but not at all chalky. It applies very easily and can be blended into the lips easily. Staying power was reasonable- it didn't come off as soon as I ate or drank and it wore off quite evenly leaving a nice stain so I'm really pleased with it. Unfortunately there are only 3 shades in the range at the moment but I'm hoping they'll add more as they're really good value.

I'm so pleased with all three of the products I picked up and I'm already considering getting some more products- the bronzers and blushes look lovely, as do the setting powders along with so much more. Keep your eyes pealed for my next purchases!


Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...