Monday 11 February 2013

Trend of the Week: Crop Tops

I LOVE CROP TOPS! I was super excited when I read that the 90s trend was returning because it means everywhere will be stocking up on crop tops. I just think that they go with virtually anything and are perfect for daytime and for a night out.

So first is quite possibly my favourite item, this green lace crop top. If you're not a fan of green, this also comes in a few other colours and even a version without sleeves too which is great. I just love the fitted shape, and also the back is just lace (no under layer) so it shows off a bit of skin too. I'm hoping to pick this up very soon because I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it!
How I'd wear this: I'd go with a high waisted denim skirt and some Converse, maybe a cropped jacket if the weather wasn't great.
£15, Topshop

This aztec top is also super cute. It has a low back which is great because I think there's no harm in showing a little flesh in the summer, and the colour teamed with the aztec design is a lot of fun.
How I'd wear this: I'd definitely go with denim shorts with this. Topshop and ASOS have some great high-waisted pairs at the moment which would look fantastic with this (high-waisted things + crop tops = perfection). If it's hot, add some cute sandals and a satchel bag and you have a cute summer look.
£7, Forever 21


This top is by the brand 'Kuccia' which I've never heard of before but now I wonder why- this top is amazing! The banana print is so fun, it'll work really well when the sun is out (or should I say if the sun is out) and the style of the top is great too- it's not too fitted so makes for a nice casual look.
How I'd wear this: In all truthfulness, this one is difficult- for a really nineties look you could throw on some denim dungarees and Converse, or go for plain black leggings and a denim jacket for a more refined look.
£22.50, ASOS


And finally, I couldn't do a post about crop tops without including something from American Apparel: they are the king (or queen) of all things 90s, and I think this season they have some great items. Today I just wanted to show you this simple loose crop top, which comes in so may colours because I think it is the perfect everyday item.
How I'd wear this: Topshop have just launched a range of high-waisted jeans, so I'd definitely go for bleach pair of those with some cute plimsolls (Vans would work well) and some round sunglasses.
£19, American Apparel 

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...