Monday 4 February 2013

Trend of the Week: Graphic Prints

This weeks trend is another which I think is really starting to take off, because graphic prints can be so varied, from just a logo on a t-shirt to a pair of bold printed leggings. I have four items to show you which I think are all quite different and quite interesting so I hope you enjoy this:

So the first item is something that maybe not everyone will like. This t-shirt style midi dress is from Topshop and I just think that the design on the front is so fun and really bold, but the rest of the dress is simple so it's very wearable. Midi dresses don't suit everyone, but for you lucky people who can pull them off I think this would be the perfect alternative to a super short sundress when it's warm.
How I'd wear this: if we're lucky enough to get some hot days this summer, I'd team this with some chunky sandals and large sunglasses, and I'd add an over-sized handbag to finish the look.
Dress, £30- Topshop

Next up is this graphic print jumper from River Island. This is definitely something that is perfect for the weather right now. I love the logo- it's sure to make a statement and also the fit of the jumper looks really nice- not too tight so perfect for layering.
How I'd wear this: first put on a white shirt and then throw this jumper over the top. Team with some black skinny jeans and some Chelsea boots to finish off.
Jumper, £40- River Island 

The cartoon print on this dress is absolutely fantastic- it's very bold but add in the bodycon shape and long sleeves and you have something that looks great. I've seen a lot of this kind of cartoon print on lately and I think it's a great way to wear the graphic trend.
How I'd wear this: I think this dress is very versatile  so for a daytime look I'd add black tights, some chunky boots (Doc Martins would worn perfectly) and a denim jacket, but you can also dress is up with some colour-pop heels and a simple clutch bag for a night out.
Dress, £12- Boohoo

My final item is probably the most discreet in terms of graphic prints. If you're not a fan of things that are really in your face then something like this t-shirt would be perfect for you. Firstly, it has a pastelly tie-dye background which naturally I adore, and then it has a simple logo on it which just adds a touch of fun and interest to something otherwise relatively simple.
How I'd wear this: This would be perfect with a denim style skater skirt (I know they do these in Topshop) and some simple flats. You could always add a biker jacket and tights is the weather was bad!
T-Shirt, £18- ASOS

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...