Monday 29 April 2013

Trend of the Week: Lace

Lace is a very pretty trend, and is perfect for when you want to bring out your girly side, yet you can still toughen it up with leather or denim. I love all of today's items because they are great for if the sun ever decides to come out here in Britain!

So this lace dress is absolutely perfect- I love the pastel colour with the lace overlay, and the floaty shape is so cute. The straps add a little something to the dress, it makes it a bit more girly and the cinched in waist gives it a bit more shape.
How I'd wear this: this would be perfect for a summer evening with some simple court heels and a slouchy clutch bag. For day I'd go with a denim jacket and some leather sandals.
£65, Topshop

This top shows a slightly more grungey form of lace. This top could be worn underneath a sheer top is you didn't want to show off your underwear or as a top alone. It also comes in a nude or white colour if black isn't your thing.
How I'd wear this: some high-waisted denim shorts, a leather jacket and some black chelsea boots would be a perfect way to grunge up a summer look.
£18, Urban Outfitters

These ruffled lace shorts are so cute- they remind me of something a china doll would wear! I love the neon pink underneath, it adds some fun to an otherwise very girly item.
How I'd wear these: with some nude heels and a sheer white blouse for a night out because the ruffled texture is very flattering.
£20, Boohoo

Finally one more dress- this one is so great because it is a skirt and top all on one. I love the way the top looks like a bandeau with lace top over it. The pleated skater skirt it very cute, and I love that the belt finishes off the look perfectly.
How I'd wear this: keep it simple with loafers and a satchel for a cute spring look.
£48, ASOS

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...