Friday 31 May 2013

May Beauty Haul

Hello lovely people- I seem to have bought a lot of beauty and skincare products this week so rather than featuring them separately, I've just saved them up for one large haul for you today. Enjoy!





For a while I've been looking for the perfect nude lipstick- peachy nudes don't tend to suit my skintone, instead I find myself having to go for pinky nudes. The one I've been wearing recently is 'Please Me' by MAC which is a lovely shade (I reviewed it here) but slightly too bright for a natural look. Anyway, I'll get to the point- I bought a new Revlon 'Just Bitten' Kissable Balm Stain. I already have this in 'Lovesick' (the review is here) and I bought the shade 'Honey' which is a really natural pink shade with a tiny hint of shimmer.
£7.99, Boots




A friend recently recommended this concealer to me and I'd also read a couple of reviews on it so I decided to pick it up. It's called Bourjois Healthy Mix; they also do it in a foundation which I haven't tried. I could only find one shade in the shop which was a little annoying but I bought the shade 51 which seems like it suits me. It feels very light on the skin but has good coverage so I'm pretty happy with it so far.
£7.49, Boots





The Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer isn't a new product but I've been wanting to try it for a while now. I was confused as to what shade to buy as there were three shades that all looked pretty similar to me. I went with number 52 and I have to say, I love it. It's made to look like a chocolate bar and it does actually have a chocolately/shea butter smell which surprisingly I like. It's a really nice colour, not too dark and although it says on the packet it is 'filled with glints of sunshine' it doesn't appear to come out shimmery on the skin.





Now both the Bourjois products above were things I had planned to buy but luckily for me, there was an offer on in Boots whereby if you spent £12 or more on Bourjois you got one of their 'Little Round Pot' Blushes for free. I was thrilled because these blushes have such good reviews and I've been wanting to get one for a while now. The shade I chose was 48 'Rose Brune'- a lovely pink shade which is really soft and easy to apply. It's not cakey or too powdery so I'm so happy that I got this! I also read recently that Bourjois are releasing a cream blush soon which I will definitely be grabbing!
£7.49, Boots

Now onto skincare:




This face wash is wonderful- it has lots of different sized exfoliating beads, which really work well on my skin, it felt much softer after just a couple of uses. It smells so great, kind of a citrus scent but it's not overpowering. In terms of 'skin energising', I just feel like it's a great way to start the morning as it really wakes my skin up and makes it look instantly refreshed. I wish they did something like this for night-time because at the moment I'm having to use this twice a day when I'd prefer to use something different at night. But anyway I recommend this as it doesn't dry out my skin or make it more oily either.
£3.99, Boots


I HAVE to tell you about this product because you really need to try it if you suffer from regular spots like I do. I first tried this about a year ago, it worked wonders but once it ran out I couldn't find it in Boots again. The other day I spotted it and so quickly grabbed a tube- I was thrilled. Witch Hazel is a natural ingredient that has been used for years to help the skin. This product is literally Witch Hazel in gel form, you just apply it directly to spots and let it dry. Within a few hours size and redness is greatly reduced and after a few uses the spot completely disappears. I apply this twice a day- before make-up and before bed.
I find this works so much better than special branded products that claim to contain so many ingredients to help the skin when all you really need is one pure one to get straight to the problem. Another advantage is that this is so much cheaper- one tube is £1.99 and believe me, it lasts a hell of a long time. Honestly, I cannot recommend this enough- if you're looking for it in your Boots store, you'll find it in the pharmaceutical section and definitely go try it out!
£1.99, Boots

2 comments:

  1. Love how subtle the revlon lip crayon colour is!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest post on Glamorous Neon Ombre Tassel Flapper Dress

    Thanks! Charlie xx

    UK Fashion & Style Blog | Lurch Hound Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try this lip crayon. I just got the Clinque Chubby stick in Mega Melon and I'm loving it! xxx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...