Wednesday 2 October 2013

Haul! ft Monki, Miss Selfridge, Boohoo etc

Recently I've been trying to cut down on my spending but somehow I ended up picking up a fair few clothing items- however I'm so happy with them all and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of them.


I picked up this lovely dress from Boohoo a few weeks ago- I'm a huge fan of cut-out shoulders and this dress is so cute, especially the denim look effect and loose fit. The length is really nice and I like the skater style. With some tights and boots and a chunky coat this will make for a great look.


In the September issue of Vogue, there was a big 4-page spread about the coats which are going to be huge this winter. I really loved them all but decided this year I wanted to get a duffle coat, as seen on the likes of Alexa Chung. I looked in so many different shops, but coats all seem to be so expensive so I eventually found this one from Miss Selfridge- it was still pretty pricey but I'm counting on it lasting me well. A duffle coat is a really classic style (my mum actually told me she owned one of these when she was about my age) but this one is updated with the fur trim on the hood and the tartan trim around the pockets, which is bang on trend at the moment.


I am in love with this super cute shirt from Monki at ASOS. It's a soft cotton material with the most incredible cat print! It's a lovely fit- I think you can wear it tucked in to some jeans or as a layering piece just thrown on over a top so it'll be perfect for autumn. I like the sleeves rolled up but they also look really smart full length.


How cute is this hat?! I picked this up on eBay for so so so cheap, plus it comes in loads of colours. It fits my head really well and the cat ears are lovely, this is going to be a great piece for the winter, as it will keep me warm and will add a fun touch to an outfit.


I adore my Leigh jeans from Topshop but I've had my dark blue pair for a while and they've started to lose their shape so I decided to pick up a pair to replace them. I love these black ones- the super skinny fit, soft material and I haven't own a pair of black jeans in a good few years and forgot how much I liked them. The rose gold buttons are so cute too, but some people have said that these fade quite quickly- this isn't much of an issue for me because I like the faded look but if you're after a pair of strong black jeans these probably aren't the right way to go.


Again from Topshop is this super cute black and white. floral skater dress. It's a really nice fit and the material is perfect for winter as it has a lovely, slightly fuzzy texture. I reckon I'll be wearing this with heels and a leather jacket for a night out or with tights and boots on a chilly day. I love the cap sleeves too, I think they're a very flattering length on everyone.


I have to admit- I know it's important to keep fit but I'm not a big fan of exercise! I recently joined the gym but only had one pair of gym trousers so I picked up this pair from Sports Direct. I love the slightly longer legging length and they're made of a really soft material. They fit lovely but aren't so tight that I have to wriggle my way into them, and I'll definitely be wearing these a lot.


Finally I picked up another dress, this one is from Motel. I bought this for a party I have coming up and how great is this print?! I've always been a big fan of galaxy print and I think this one is really unusual because of the colours. I love the bodycon fit and high neckline, plus the length is great. I got a great price for this too as I used the discount code cakesfordorothy for 25% off. The only thing I find about Motel is that the sizing is weird- I'm a size 6-8 so I can get away with a size XS/8 but it is very small. Also the neck hole on this is so tight, you really have to stretch it over your head but it does get looser the more you put it on.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...