Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Vintage Pompadour Pearls // Cleaning



Pompadour Pearls are a brand of faux pearl that were popular in the 1950s and 60s. This particular strand has a gorgeous ornate clasp and these were given to me from my mother who got them from her mother. Obviously they're quite old, and while still beautiful, they were looking a bit yellowed and aged. I did a bit of research on them and decided to give cleaning them a go.

They were so easy to clean- I took a bowl of warm (not hot) water, added some gentle hand soap and let the pearls soak in the solution for a few minutes. Then I just rubbed gently the necklace with a toothbrush so I could get into all the cracks. Once they looked clean, I just gently dried them with a towel, particularly the clasp.

As you can see from the photos, it has made a big difference and they're looking a lot whiter then before. No doubt you'll be seeing these in some upcoming outfit posts as they are just so beautiful!

Olivia Ellen XXX

2 comments:

  1. Nice idea, thanks!
    Can you help us to win our Dressale whislist? You only must enter and click the links here: http://inatrendytown.blogspot.com.es/2014/03/dressale-wishlist.html
    If we arrive to 200clicks, we can win the clothes, thanks so much!

    http://inatrendytown.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. When searching for cleaning services in the United States, customers have many options available. The challenge is finding a company that provides dependable service rather than simply offering the lowest price. Professional cleaners can assist with apartments, houses, offices, and rental properties. Reading local reviews, checking available services, and asking about cleaning products can help customers make a more informed decision before scheduling their appointment. move in cleaning

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...