Friday 29 August 2014

The Top Ten Tag



Nice bit of alliteration there! I'm pretty sure it's been a while since I did a tag post so I stumbled across the 'Top Ten' tag on Twitter the other day- you have to chose one item from each of ten categories. Some of these were very difficult and required much deliberation so enjoy!

Foundation: If I really could only chose one I'd go for my beloved Max Factor Miracle Touch. Although I rarely use this in the day, this is my ultimate going out foundation as it makes my skin looks glowy and flawless. It makes me feel so confident and I really think it deserves more recognition in the blogger world.

Concealer: This was tricky but for the wrong reasons- I'm yet to find a concealer I love and would repurchase again and again so I'm just going to have to go with my current concealer which is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.

Powder: I bet you can guess this one-Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent. Cheap and cheerful, mattifying and holding my make-up in place.

Bronzer: Although I love the bronzer in my Sleek Face Form for contouring, I've gone for my Milani Bronze XL as it's a good all-rounder. It bronzes, adds glow and I also use it as a contour as long as I do it with a light touch, otherwise it can go a bit orange.

Blush: The one I've been using most lately is my NYX Cream Blush in Glow as it gives a dewy finish and the colour is very natural, as if you're actually blushing. This being said I also do adore the Topshop Cream Blushes.

Highlighter: Although I have a few highlighters, I only really got into in recently when I bought the L'Oreal Magic Lumi concealer, as it has no shimmer and is a cream texture. It's very similar to YSL's Touche Eclat and just brightens areas of the face, looking particularly good under the eyes.

Eyebrows: I'm going with a relatively new purchase, my Anastasia Brow Wiz as I'm able to get that really precise shape that I like with them still looking natural, but the texture is not too waxy so it's easy and quick to do.

Eyeshadow: It's hard to chose because I have a few little palettes and cream products that I love, but I guess the one that I've used most in my Sleek Au Natural Palette, with my particular favourite shade being Taupe (top right) as it is THE most buttery and pigmented powder eyeshadow I've used.

Mascara: This is such an easy choice- I adore Maybelline's Colossal Mascara and although I like a few others, this is the one I've repurchased most and find myself reaching for most days. I also have the waterproof version which I'll just say- it's OK, but not good if you start crying your eyes out (note: at Miss Saigon in London- v awkward when meeting your idol afterwards).

Lip Products: Oh hell, they have to throw in one category which is impossible. I've had to choose 2, not necessarily because they are my favourites ever but ones that I'm wearing a lot lately. For a matte finish I've gone for the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets- this is the shade Hot Pepper- and if I want a glossy finish I really like the NYX Butter Glosses, and this is the shade Apple Strudel.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...