Sunday 31 August 2014

August Favourites

The end of summer is always sad for me- while Autumn does have it's positives, nothing beats summer weather for me. However I do have some good plans for the next few months, so hopefully lots to look forward to. Anyway, my August favourites:





MUJI Face Brush: MUJI is one of those shops where there's always going to be something you need, even if you don't know it before going in there. I picked up this face brush for around £4 while I was in London a couple of weeks ago and it's fab. I use it in the morning with my daily face scrub to really massage this into my skin and give it a bit of extra exfoliation. It looks as if it would be rough, but the bristles are so soft and gentle on the skin, as is the cypress wood handle.

Cutex Strengthening Nail Polish Remover: I've been using nail polish remover pads for years, as this was purely what was always in the house due to what my mom bought. I ran out recently though and found this in the cupboard to use as a replacement. I was surprised at how much I liked it, but after soaking a cotton ball in this, it works so quickly and with minimal rubbing needed. It also left my nails feeling smooth and nourished and not dry at all like some products do.

Long Lasting Nail Polishes: Since my nails have been pretty long lately, I've really been liking having them painted all the time so a long lasting nail polish is great as it means I don't have to spend ages topping up my nails every couple of days. Sephora's Formula X polishes are great and I have the shade Unmistakeable- a really cute pale minty blue. One that I've overlooked in the past is Barry M's Lychee which blew me away with it's lasting power, and considering I've had it for a while, only now am I really appreciating it. 

Nike Flex Experience: OK, I have literally not taken these off since I got them (bit of an exaggeration but you get my gist). As I've said many times before, they are super comfy and go with pretty much everything and have been great for all the long days out I've been having over the summer. If you're a bit wary of trainers like I was, just try a pair on and I promise, you may well change your mind.

Almay Liquid Lip Balms: Another over-worn item are these Liquid Lip Balms which I've had for a little over a month now. They create the perfect glossy but natural look as the colours are fairly sheer, but give a hint of colour to complete a look.

Fractured by Dani Atkins: This book was recommended to me after my mom read it on her Kindle- fair to say she was right, it is a really great novel. A good chick flick, but I will warn you- a bit of an emotional roller coaster! If you're after an easy but entertaining read, I'd definitely recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...