Friday 10 July 2015

Drugstore Beauty Haul






Today's post is going to be a little haul with some reviews built in of the things I've already tried. I'm going to start by going on a little rave about the Boots app. I've had my advantage card for probably 5 months now and have only just decided to get the app and it's great. You log in with your account and it suggests offers personalised to what you buy, such as "£2 off when you buy...." and lots of extra points offers which is great. You get an instant balance update and the offers are regularly updated so I'm always sure to check the app before I go to Boots to see if I can get myself some money off. Anyway, here's what I bought from both Boots and Superdrug!

I was rapidly running out of shampoo and conditioner so decided to repurchase the OGX Thick and Full Shampoo, along with the Root Boost Spray from the same range, both of which I love and think they really work. My hair was feeling a little dry though so I went for the OGX Coconut Milk Conditioner which is really nourishing, leaves my hair silky soft without weighing it down and smells wonderful.

Another repurchase is the Ambre Solaire Tanning Mist. I adore this tan- it's so easy to use and looks perfect every time. I went through my last bottle of it like water so I was glad to find it was on offer as I know I'll want to keep using this all summer to compensate for the lack of sun we've been having lately! I also picked up a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. My RT Buffing Brush has been shedding a lot of fibers lately and as I have had it a while, I decided it was time to replace it. While the Expert Face Brush is a little smaller and more oval shaped, the densely packed bristles have the same effect of flawlessly buffing products into the skin.

Two new make-up products are the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish and the Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balm. The nail polishes have been out for a while in the US but have only recently made it to the UK. I picked up the shade Bare Dare which is a really milky nude. It has a small flat brush which is easy to work with but the polish did require 3 coats to make it fully opaque- whether this was just made shade choice I don't know- but I'm interested to see whether it competes with the Maybelline Super Stay nail polishes in terms of wear-time. The Max Factor balm is in the shade Exquisite Caramel which, although it looks like a very 90s brown in the tube, actually applies as a sheer wash of a lovely nude. It's very hydrating and pretty and I think it will become a go-to for a no-makeup makeup day.

The product I am most excited about is the Solait Shimmer Oil. Loads of high-end brands have brought out shimmering body oils this summer but they are all way out of my price range so I was thrilled to see that a drugstore brand has finally brought out their own. The idea is that you use it as a finishing touch moisturiser on your body before going out as it applies a hint of colour and a really subtle hint of shimmer. I love using this on my legs for nights out to just make them glow and gets rid of any dryness there might be. When I picked it up it was on offer for £5 so I'm super happy with this purchase!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...