Wednesday 19 August 2015

City Picks #1 // London Food and Bars









Today I thought I'd do something a little different! Visiting London is definitely one of my favourite things to do and I popped down there last week with a few friends so I thought I'd talk you through where we went and what I liked.

The main reason behind going was to see the musical Memphis, one that I've been longing to see for a long time. We were sat quite far back in the stalls but the view was still great and I adored the show- if you want to see my in detail review you can see in on my theatre blog here. Before we went to the matinee show we decided to have some lunch at Wahaca near Covent Garden. It's a place I'd heard about but never been but I would definitely recommend it if you like Mexican food. We all ordered a cocktail (I went for a Passion Fruit and Vanilla Mojito- delish!) and a selection of small plates of food to share. There was a lovely selection of meat and vegetarian dishes that were full of flavour and perfect for a quick lunch. They have a few locations around London so definitely check it out if you haven't already.

After the show we popped into another bar that was just round the corner from Shaftesbury Avenue called Salsa. Happy Hour was on so my Raspberry Mojito was half price (can you tell I'm a bit of a mojito fiend) and we sat outside enjoying the warmth of the evening. The inside of the bar was fairly quiet as it was early but they were playing Latin music and there was a big dance floor so I can imagine this would be a great place to go if you want a bit of a dance later on in the evening. If I go and see In The Heights when it opens in London I'd definitely pop in here afterwards- the show is set to a Latin/hip-hop soundtrack so if seems apt!

Although I didn't visit here this time, another great bar is the London Cocktail Club. They are situated all around London (I visited the Goodge Street branch) and have a huge cocktail menu. The music is loud, the lights are low and drinks are strong and I really enjoyed having a few drinks in there back in June. I'm heading back there in September so if you have any recommendations for places to eat and drink let me know and I'll try and check them out!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...