Friday 21 August 2015

Once Loved Products




Today I'm talking products that I used to love but have since grown out of. Some of these are purchases I made a long time ago, for example the Revlon Lip Butter (the shade is Strawberry Shortcake). I adored this when I first bought it and slapped it on but looking back at it now I'm not such a fan. This is party due to the shade being just too barbie pink for me and it just slides around on my lips and doesn't look particularly flattering. Equally I've gone off the Maybelline Baby Lips now. What I loved about this was that I could quickly pop it on to finish off a look, it was low maintenance and moisturising. I've since bought the Max Factor Colour Intensifying Balm and much prefer it- a more even wash of colour and one hundred times more hydrating, so although it costs a little more it's definitely worth it.

Another oldie is the Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzer. This was great when I bought it but now I find it just doesn't have enough colour payoff and I end up spending ages loading my brush up with product for it to make not much difference. I much prefer the highly pigmented Milani bronzer to get my skin glowing.

A couple of foundations now, with the L'Oreal True Match and the Max Factor 3 in 1. The main problem with both of these is the finish- I used to like a fairly matte finish to my make-up but now I go for glowing skin every time so both of these just don't have the finish required and I find they leave my skin looking a little bit flat and dull. The L'Oreal isn't a perfect match for my skin either, and I've started to notice the Max Factor clinging to dryness on my skin so these are both being pushed to the back of my stash.

Finally, let's talk about the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I used to rave about this product and use it every day, but my main problem with it was that it just wan't lasting long enough. The pencil would last me maybe 6 weeks, and for the price I decided it just wasn't worth it. I now use a pot of gel from Illamasqua but like to keep this just in case I'm having a lazy day and want a quick fix. I think it's a handy one to have in my collection because it has a spoolie brush and it's compact so I think I'll always keep one in stock, but it's not as loved as it once was.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...