Tuesday 16 October 2012

'Dark Side of Nude' at Topshop


Hiya guys! So you probably all know how much I love Topshop make-up, so I was so excited when I discovered last week that Topshop have launched a new make-up collection to feature along side their core collection and Louise Grey for Topshop collection. It is called 'Dark Side of Nude' and I thought I would just talk about the collection, and tell you a few products that I like.

The range so far consists of 9 make-up items, the cheapest being £6.50, the most expensive being £16. The packaging and branding is so different from their core collection, and is just a bit more high-end looking. It is mainly matte black packaging, using a shiny black colour for detailing.

Topshop say:
'Gothic goes glamorous with our decadent capsule make-up 
collection, Dark Side of Nude. Vampy-claret lips are teamed with metallic mushroom eyes and an icy pale base for a high shine and 
high impact look.'

And I really agree with this- the products are rich colours, and look very intense and glamorous. Everything in this range is slightly more expensive than their core collection equivalent, but I think for some of the products it would be worth paying that little bit more, because it is limited edition and because the products look so lovely. 

Although I would happily wear any of the items from the range, there are a few which stand out to me as truly gorgeous:




1. Nails in Panther, £6.50- surprise, surprise, another nail polish! This one looks truly wonderful though- a glitter polish with large silver, black and grey hexagons in it, I think this would look wonderful either over a grey polish or if you build it up alone on the nail. 

2. Lips in Wicked, £9- I am yet to try a lipstick by Topshop, although there are so many colours I love, and this is one to add to the list. It looks like just my kind of colour, a dark reddish-plum colour which I think would be perfect for this autumn/winter.

3. Mascara in Onyx, £10- another product that I haven't yet used is a Topshop mascara, and I have really heard mixed things about these. However, they no longer stock mascara in their core collection, so this is the next best thing, and I think the brush looks lovely and the packaging is just stunning. 

4. Eye Palette in Atmosphere, £16- there are two palettes in the range, and I just couldn't choose between them. They both look really lovely and sleek, the colours look gorgeous and would be perfect for a night out. Not sure about paying £16 for one though!

To shop the Dark Side of Nude collection click here and to view a make-up tutorial by a Topshop make-up artist using the products click here.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...