Thursday 29 November 2012

The Body Shop Skincare Review

Sorry this has been a long time coming but today I have another review for you, and I'm going to be talking about a few products from the Body Shop Tea Tree range. I bought these items a few weeks ago now (I included them in a haul here) and I've been using them pretty much daily since then. So I'll just talk briefly about each product first, and then I will talk about the effect they've had on my skin as a whole.


So I was very excited to buy this, as I recently read an article about how everyone should use a good toner on a regular basis. The bottle is huge (I got the 250ml size bottle) and I use this everyday. You only need a really small amount on a cotton pad and then sweep it over your face. I apply it after I've washed my face in the morning before any make-up and then occasionally I also use it before I go to bed at night. This is currently on sale for £5 but I think it was £9 when I bought it.





Again, I picked this up because I read that a good moisturiser is essential to good skin. Since I have combination skin, I've always hated using a moisturiser because it can make by skin oily, but this one doesn't. I apply this after the toner in the morning, and it's lighter than a normal moisturiser. It manages to really get to work in the dry areas of my face without making my t-zone oilier. This one costs £8 for a 50ml bottle.




I bought this in the light shade, which is probably a little too light for my skin, but I couldn't find the medium shade in my shop. This is really good for covering up any spots or blemishes, as it has quite strong coverage but with a light feel on the skin. Also I like the way it covers spots without making them any worse. 



Do they work?
Personally, I think they do- I've been using them for a good few weeks now all together, and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin since then. Any oily areas seem to be calming down, my dry skin is no longer dry, and I rarely get spots or blemishes anymore and if they do, they come and go in a flash. 

Would I recommend them?
Definitely- they are a little more than I would normally pay for skincare products, but since they have been working so well I would happily buy them over and over, and it proves that slightly more expensive products are worth the money.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...