Saturday 22 December 2012

Hair Dying FAQ

If you know me, you probably know all about my hair dying (dare I say) obsession. I always get asked the same things by so many people so thought I'd put some of these questions into one post so you can learn all about my hair dying habits!

How long have you been dying your hair for?
I first dyed my hair when I was in year 7, so I was 10 I think, but I started dying it regularly when I was 12, and I've been doing it since, anywhere between 6 weeks up until 3 months.

What colours have you dyed your hair?
My hair has been a mad number of colours. I've had it bright red, purple, really orangey ginger (which I loved) and some more natural colours, like brown and even a real blackest-black. 

Doesn't dying you hair damage it?
Normally I use semi-permanent hair dyes which don't damage your hair at all because they don't contain ammonia, so you can use them regularly. However permanent hair dyes can be very damaging for your hair so it's best not to use them very often. If I want a stronger colour I tend to use permanent because you get a better result, but I then wait a couple of months before I dye my hair again. 

If you could dye your hair any colour, what would it be?
This is so difficult, my hair has been pretty much every colour that I like!  But I think I'd have to say blonde, purely because I've never tried it and I loved to see what it looks like on me. My only problem with this is the bleach is so damaging for your hair and then you have to keep doing it otherwise you get really bad roots!

What is your natural hair colour?
To be honest, it's been so long since my hair has been natural I don't remember that well! I think it's a mousey brown colour which I hated which is why I find myself dying it so much these days. 

Best hair dye brand?
I have two- for semi-permanent hair colours it has to be Casting Crème Gloss by L'oreal, because it leaves my hair so glossy and is so easy to apply. For permanent it's Live Colour XXL because the range of colours are great and the finish and brightness you are left with is phenomenal. 

Do you dye your hair yourself?
God no! I would not trust myself to do it. I always get my mum to apply the dye for me because I trust that she will not miss any chunks of my hair.

When was the last time you dyed your hair and what colour was it?
The last time I dyed my hair was probably about 6 or 7 weeks ago, it was by Casting Crème Gloss in the colour 'Plum' and at the time I hated it because it was so much darker than my hair had been before, and it was such a bright purple, but it was a great colour looking back.

What colour will you dye it next?
Who knows? I'm hoping for something quite light, maybe a caramelly brown colour, and I may do this with permanent dye so it lasts longer.

Any other questions about anything? Send me a tweet or email me and I may put them in a post!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...