Monday 18 March 2013

Trend of the Week: Neon

So it's been a couple of weeks since I did my last 'Trend of the Week', sorry I didn't publish one last week but I completely forgot to write one up so had to post something else instead, but hopefully this week will make up for it. I'm going to be talking about neons which is something that I think is going to be huge this summer, so I have a few items to show you:


First for a subtle pop of neon with these earrings: I love the 3D shape of them and that the neon is kind of ombre. These would be perfect if you're not brave enough to wear neon head to toe.
How I'd wear these: I'd definitely put my hair up or at least pulled back if I were wearing these to really show them off, and then I'd maybe go with a mainly white outfit so they really pop.
£10, Topshop

This dress is one of my favourite items- normally when I go for neon I stick to pink or orange but I actually love the neon yellow colour of this dress. The cut-outs on the side are perfect for summer and the knot in the middle is a great detail.
How I'd wear this: this dress is definitely suitable for both day and night, for day I'd go with a white denim waistcoat and maybe some Vans, and for night go with some nude heels and big blingy jewellery.
£12, Boohoo


Of course, you can work this trend before the heat of summer hits with this orange neon beanie hat. I love that it is not completely one colour because it makes it a bit more interesting.
How I'd wear this: this is perfect for pretty much any outfit, as long as you don't have too many bright clashing colours going on in your outfit. It would look great with a denim jacket for sure.
£7, ASOS

I saw this bag when I was shopping today which was what gave me the idea to do a post about neons. The shape of it is gorgeous, and it's a really cute size. The bright pink colour is not something I'd normally go for in a bag but this just caught my eye and I fell in love.
How I'd wear this: as long as you kept the colours in your outfit quite simple, this bag is perfect for day time. I'd love to wear it with a white skater skirt and a white top, because it would really make the pink stand out.
£99, Ted Baker

Finally, if you're not brave enough to wear neon in your clothes or accessories, why not rock this trend on your nails? Loads of brands sell some great neon colour nail polishes (particularly Models Own and Barry M) so you can still wear this trend but in a more subtle way!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...