Tuesday 26 March 2013

Trend of the Week: Jacquard

For those of you who don't know what 'jacquard' is, it is basically a thick weaved fabric that is normally floral print, although you can get other types. I've been seeing a lot of this around lately and I think it's such a pretty fabric that I would do a post about it!

This first item is probably my favourite, purely because of the gorgeous  bright pink colour! The shape is kind of A-Line and I've been loving that at the moment, it looks like such a cute summery piece.
How I'd wear this: I'd go with  plain t-shirt loosely tucked in (probably white), some chunky wedge heels and a satchel bag for a cute look.

Next up is a top which is very different from the previous item. It has a really nice peplum which would be very flattering.
How I'd wear this: this top is a great way to dress up a pair of skinny jeans, teamed with some androgynous loafers and you could add a blazer if needed.
£25, River Island 

So this dress is very pretty, perfect for summer (if it ever makes it to Britain). It also comes in black if that would be more you thing.
How I'd wear this: I'd keep it simple for a hot day with a denim jacket and some sandals, but it could also be dressed up for a night out with some wedge heels and gold jewellery.
£20, Boohoo

The final item I want to show you are probably something you'll love or hate- personally, I love them. I'm a huge fan of trousers in this style even though I'm not sure I can pull them off, but nevertheless they are smart and a great alternative to a skirt for a night out.
How I'd wear these: I'd be most likely to wear these if I was off out for a meal, so I'd go with a simple chiffon blouse, some heels and an over-sized envelope clutch bag.
£45, ASOS

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...