Monday 27 May 2013

Trend of the Week: Mid Heels

Mid heels are something that I have never worn- I'm a huge fan of sky high heels, and so when I first heard about mid heels coming back in, I wasn't sure how to feel. But recently I've been finding a lot of mid heels that I love so thought I'd feature them this week.

I spotted these shoes the other day and just fell in love with them- the rose gold colour, the wooden heel, loafer shape and tassel detail on the front. They're a great alternative to high heels for a night out with a smart dress.
How I'd wear these: I'm loving cropped tailored trousers at the moment and I think these would great with a pair of these; add a sheer blouse, a large envelope clutch and a chunky necklace for a smart look.
£65, Topshop

The vibrant blue colour of these mid heeled pumps is gorgeous and great for spring. I like the little metal trim on the heel as it just adds a cute detail.
How I'd wear these: I think these would look lovely with maybe a white skater skirt, a tank top and a fitted biker jacket. The shoes just add a classy touch to an outfit which is something I really like to do in spring/summer.
£22.75, Forever 21
These shoes have an interesting square shaped heel, coated in gold glitter. The gold compliments the nude suede kind of material of the shoe and how the square heel contrasts with the rounded toe.
How I'd wear these: these would work so well for a night out, and would allow you to stand up all night without your feet aching too much! With a sparkly shift dress, gold accessories and a small clutch bag you have a look perfect for an evening out.
£25, Boohoo


Finally are a pair of shoes very different from the others I've featured in this post: the heel on them is small and chunky, and they have a gladiator-esque look to them which I love. The chunky look is not something I normally wear but these are different- the buckles, the distressed look to the material and the heavy grooved tread.
How I'd wear these: these are slightly grungey so I'd keep that as a theme throughout the outfit- distressed denim shorts, a band t-shirt. A floral crown would add a cute girly touch to the outfit and make it perfect for a festival.
£90, ALDO at ASOS

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...