Monday 24 June 2013

Trend of the Week: Chunky Heels

I don't know if you can really class this as a trend but I've been seeing a lot of chunky heels around lately and I love them, so thought I'd share some of my favourites with you. It seems lately that there is a big contrast with shoes- you either get something very slim and feminine or chunky and androgynous. Personally, I prefer the chunky heel- I find them easier to walk in and they're just more me.


The first pair of shoes are these gorgeous chunky heels, described as 'shiny stack platforms'. They do have a big platform so look super comfy. The wooden-look detail is really earthy and natural looking, especially with the different tones but I adore the shiny wood as I think it just makes them look a bit more luxurious and expensive. They have these in multiple colours but I love the white as it is bang on trend right now.
Styling tips: as these are so chunky, I'd keep the rest of the outfit girly- a flirty coral coloured skater skirt and a crop top with some round sunglasses is perfect for summer.
£55, Topshop


These shoe boots have a chunky wooden heel again with a peep toe, cut-outs on the side and a buckle fastening. Personally, I'd wear these casually, the heel makes them a little smarter but it's quite low and chunky so would be quite comfy. I think they'd work for summer but also could be carried through for autumn as long as it wasn't raining!
Style tips: some rolled up skinny jeans and a striped shirt, add a blazer and my Ted Baker bag would go perfectly with this outfit!
£22.99, New Look

I love these chunky cut-out heels- they have a laser cut kind of look in the main part of the boot and the heel area is also revealed which adds an interesting detail. It has a peep toe and shoe laces in a contrasting colour. They kind of work with the sporty trend as they are quite reminiscent of trainers but are still smart.
Style tips: to keep with the sporty theme, I'd wear these with some three-quarter length leggings, an oversized t-shirt and a leather jacket.
£85, Urban Outfitters

Finally, I am fully in love with these heels! They have a chunky black heel and are strappy with studs and buckles. Often I'm not a fan of peep toes (I have almost a phobia of feet, don't ask) but these I just love- if they weren't open toe then I don't think why would be quite right. They're edgy but would be perfect for wearing on a night out.
Style Tips: as I said, for a night out these would be perfect- I think a hot pink dress and some chunky jewellery, and a perspex clutch bag like this one would be perfect!
£34.99, New Look

Which are your favourite heels?

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...