Monday 17 June 2013

Trend of the Week: Metallics

Beginning with something basic and metallic- shoes are an easy work to work the metallic trend, it's more subtle but can still make a statement. These shoes are of a fair height, and I love the textured material they're made of.
How I'd wear these: for a night out I'd wear these shoes with a white skater dress. Then I'd keep it simple with silver jewellery and a metallic clutch bag.
£30, Boohoo

I adore this skirt for many reasons: the stunning green colour, the scalloped hem, the laser cut-outs and the skater style. It's such a bold piece but would look fantastic for those who dare to wear it.
How I'd wear this: due to the eye-catching skirt, I'd keep it simple with a white chiffon blouse and I think some white Jeffrey Campbell Litas or some similar white chunky boots. Add an envelope clutch for a smart look.
Originally £14.99, Missguided

This is a silver metallic sweatshirt/t-shirt. It really shows off how to work the sports luxe trend which is so big at the moment. It's got a lovely texture and a lose, casual fit which is slightly cropped.
How I'd wear this: I'd just got with a black midi skirt and some black loafers, add a leather jacket to toughen it up a bit.
£30, ASOS

Finally is probably my favourite item that I found whilst researching this trend. You know by now that I adore my biker jacket and this blue metallic version is a great alternative. The quilting detail on the shoulders adds a bit of texture.
How I'd wear this: this would be a perfect alternative to a plain biker jacket if you had an outfit that you wanted to jazz up a bit. I'd go with some light was boyfriend jeans, a slouchy white t-shirt and throw this jacket on top. For accessories I'd go with a chunky silver chain necklace and some chunky mid heels.
£50, Motel

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...