Wednesday 10 July 2013

Summer Haul

This haul is going to be a big mixture of things- I didn't get these all in one go, they were just things I picked up when I was out and about so I hope you enjoy it- it's quite a long one I'm afraid! As per, make my day by following my blog with GFC- just click here!


The first item I want to show you is this neon yellow skater dress from New Look. The colour didn't show up very well on camera unfortunately but it's a super bright neon yellow colour which I am loving at the moment. It's a skater style and the material is stretchy and has kind of a waffle texture to it. The length is lovely- on me it's about 5cm above the knee so it's not too short. I also love the cutout in the back- as it's a fair length and a high neckline i think this just adds a touch of fun to the look and I can't wait to wear this!


I then picked up the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. I'd had my eye on a BB cream for a while- it was a toss up between this and the L'oreal CC cream that neutralises redness but I went with this in the end as it was a bit cheaper. I won't say too much as I am going to do a review on this but lets just say I like it!


So another beauty product and again, I won't say too much as I have a review in the process but this is the Seventeen Lip Crayon in 'Bold'- it's a gorgeous orange-toned coral and I adore it. 


I noticed the other day that my moisturiser was running out so decided to try something different. I trailed round Boots for a long time trying to find a moisturiser with SPF in it but do you think I could? Of course not. I wasn't very happy about it because it's so important to protect your face against the sun and the easiest way would be in a moisturiser as I wear it everyday. Anyway, after being unsuccessful, I picked out this Nivea Pure and Natural moisturiser for normal and combination skin. I haven't used it yet but the packaging is really good quality (it comes in a glass jar) as it was only about £4. I'll let you know how I get on with this! 


Also from New Look, I picked up this transparent clutch bag for £9.99. I've had a New Look gift card in my purse for about 2 months and couldn't decide what to buy, so in the end, it was an impulse buy but I know it is something I'll use. It's quite big (I'd say just under A4 size) but I can fit plenty in it, and the faux leather panel at the bottom means that not the entire contents of your bag is on show, some things will be concealed. Also the wrist strap is also useful, especially with it being the size it is. 


I've tried Batiste's dry shampoo a fair few times but it just doesn't do it for me- it covers up dirty hair for a while but that's not enough for me. My hairdresser recommended trying Tresemme's dry shampoo so I picked up the Instant Refreshing Volumising Dry Shampoo. It's more expensive than the Batiste one but hopefully it will work better for me- I'm going away soon and won't be able to wash my hair everyday so this will be the perfect test! 


I like to think I'm very good at wearing sun cream, and I don't often burn because of that. However, I do know it is also important to keep your lips from burning in the sun so I picked up this Simple Lip Balm with SPF 30. It wasn't exactly cheap but I have used it already and it keeps my lips so soft and leaves them feeling very soothed, so this will be perfect for holidays when my lips tend to get in bad condition. 


My current nail strengthener recently ran out, and I wasn't going to repurchase it as to be honest, I didn't notice any difference. As I've been growing my nails, they tend to feel very weak and brittle, and bend easily so getting stronger nails is important for me if I'm going to keep them long. I used this a long time ago and it has lots of good reviews so I went for the Sally Hansen 'Hard as Nails' clear nail strengthener and hopefully this will just give my nails that extra strength that I need. 

Hope you enjoyed, let me know if you've been hauling lately!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...