Friday 13 September 2013

Covergirl Clean Whipped Creme Foundation Review

I'd seen a couple of American bloggers talking about this product a couple of months ago and the look of it really appealed to me, so when I was in America recently I was thrilled to find it and so I bought it without hesitation.




This is the colour 305 'Ivory' but I also picked up 320 'Creamy Natural'. http://www.covergirl.com/face-makeup/foundation-makeup/whipped-cream-foundationThey didn't have any testers in store so at first I had to guess my shade and went for the lightest one. However I didn't consider the fact that I had a tan at the time so it was a little too light for me- it will be great for Winter went I'm pale but just washed me out on holiday. Therefore I went back and picked up a darker shade which suited me better, plus I now have two tubs so it will last me longer!

It comes in a small glass tub, and at first glance I thought this wouldn't last very long but you really only need quite a small amount for each application. It is kind of a cross between the Max Factor Miracle Touch foundation and the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I apply it to my skin with a foundation brush, blend it all over and then go in with my hands to make sure it's fully rubbed in.

The texture is really nice and light, it feels creamy and not sticky. It has medium to high coverage but still looks natural and not cakey, plus it has quite a matte finish which always appeals to me. With combination skin, it doesn't make me look for oily but then it also glides over dryer areas without clinging to them.

Overall, I have to say this is one of my favourite foundations I have tried. I'm glad I got two tubs as I really don't want to run out of this! This cost me $6.94 which comes in at around £4.50 so it's a bargain too. Of course, Covergirl is a brand that is only available in the US but if you do ever get chance to get your hands on one of these, I highly recommend it.

Olivia Ellen XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...