Monday 10 February 2014

Revlon Matte Balm Stains // Review


Like pretty much every blogger I was super excited for the release of the new Revlon matte balm stains so as soon as I had chance I popped into Boots to pick some up. I have two of the balm stains from the first release and do love the staying power of them, but I have always been a matte lips kind of gal which is why these excited me so much. There were four shades from the range which I liked the look of, although one was not in stock in Boots so I just picked up the three (luckily they were on 3 for 2 which was nice).


None of the shades are particularly revolutionary, I have a couple in mt collection that are similar to these but the price plus the formula really convinces me that these are a great product.




The first shade I chose was number 205 'Elusive' which is a sweet matte pink. It applies so creamily and for me is a nice everyday shade and I can see myself wearing this a lot. As you can see, it's quite similar to MAC's 'Please Me', my most used lipstick which is running out, so I think that this is a really good dupe, especially since it's about half the price.




The next shade is number 240 'Striking' which is a bright matte red. Again, it applies very creamily and this one is quite similar to the Topshop Lip Crayon in 'Royal'. I believe that the Revlon stains are a little more than the Topshop crayons but I have to say I prefer the Revlon one as it applies that bit creamier and doesn't cling to any dryness on my lips.



Finally is number 250 'Standout', a matte dark cherry red. This one isn't like anything I have already and I'm a big fan of this shade. I feel like it's perfect for this time of year where Winter is coming to an end and it's slowly time to shed the dark lipsticks and move onto something lighter- this is a great in between shade. I think wearing a lip liner with this one would be a good idea, just to make sure it doesn't feather too much as I feel it could.

As I said, I adore the formula of these. Yes they have a matte finish but they feel very soft and creamy on the lips and don't cling to dryness. They are very easy to apply because of the shape and I love the matte packaging. The other shade I want to try out is Mischevious which is a light orange-coral shade which will be perfect for spring so I may go out and buy that in the near future.

Revlon Matte Balm Stains retail for £7.99 here. Have you tried any of these yet?

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of these! I love them, they're so easy just to put in my bag and top it up when I need to, they're so pretty! Love your blog, some really interesting posts!

    I've got a blog if you want to have a look here http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...