Sunday 21 December 2014

Festive Nails




I used to be really into nail art but now I much prefer a classic manicure. As it's coming up to Christmas I'm starting to look towards something a little festive without my nails being covered in candy canes so I thought I'd show you what's in my collection.

Max Factor Red Passion (bottom right): A classic red is something I don't often go for on my nails but after swatching it for these photos it's something I might start doing more often. This one is a small bottle but I like it because the formula isn't at all thick or gloopy.

Rimmel Movie Star (middle right): For a slight variation on a theme, this dark shimmery red from Rimmel is lovely. It does dry very quickly but it is quite thick and therefore a little hard to apply.

Topshop One Hot Minute (top right): Although I would call this colour pink, it has some red undertones which make it pretty festive. We all already know my love for Topshop polishes so I won't go on but this has been on my nails a couple of times this month.

Topshop Suffuse (top left): This is possibly my favourite nail colour that I own because it's just so pretty and easy to wear. It's also a nice liquid consistency so it's so quick to apply, and don't even get me started on how much I'm loving rose gold this Christmas.

Barry M Foil Effects Silver (middle left): If you want to go all-out metallic, the Barry M foil effects range is a good way to go. While they do apply ever so slightly streaky if you're not careful, they give a high impact look and are affordable too.

NYC Big Money Frost (bottom left): While I believe this colour has been dicontinued, I thought I'd throw it in anyway to remind people not to forget about green this Christmas. I have many shades of green polishes in my collection and they are some of my most used, so this shimmery green is perfect for the festive season.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...