Wednesday 15 April 2015

New York Photo Diary







A couple of weeks ago I took my first ever trip to New York. It's been a dream of mine for so long so finally being there was pretty overwhelming and I was determined to make the most of it. Being a massive theatre geek meant I got overly excited every time I saw a theatre or show I'd heard of (which happened a lot, believe me!). I was lucky enough to see two Broadway shows while I was there, starting with Matilda. I saw it in London last summer and fell in love so I was glad the Broadway version didn't disappoint. In fact, it was almost identical but it still captivated me and I the cast were all very strong. The second show I saw was Gigi, starring Vanessa Hudgens (yep, she's on Broadway now!) and Corey Cott (an actor I've admired since Newsies). While the show itself is not new, this is a brand new revival which I actually saw during previews, just a couple of nights before the official opening. Not knowing the story or any of the music didn't phase me, as the performance blew me away. The cast were enchanting, as were the beautiful set and costumes. New shows always need that little bit extra love so if you're able to, I'd highly recommend going to check it out.

The weather while we were there was quite reasonable considering they'd just had their coldest winter in a long while. We had quite a lot of sun some days which is where I took these snaps of central park- I had no idea how big it was, and getting right into the centre is strange because you can see the skyscrapers yet it's so peaceful. Really I just fell in love with the city- it has everything I could wish for and I'm determined to go back some day and live it all over again. Feeling inspired or what!

Olivia Ellen XXX

1 comment:

  1. It looks so cool there! I have to go there one day. x

    www.chantallovesblogging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...