Friday 3 July 2015

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturising Photo Edition Foundation // Review






The Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation is a product I've been wanting to try for years but never did due to the big price tag. When they re-branded it my friend picked up a tube and completely convinced me to take the plunge. Luckily at this time it was on offer in John Lewis so although it was still a lot of money to spend on one foundation, I got a slightly better deal than normal which made me feel a little more relaxed about it. You now have two options when you go to buy- the oil free or the moisturising which is what I went for. Buying foundation online can be risky in terms of shades but I did a lot of research on swatches and shade finders and luckily the shade Cream Ivory is perfect for me.

This has been sitting in my cupboard for a while now, as I was too scared to use in case I didn't like it or it didn't suit me as that would have been a massive regret. I finally decided to give it a go before a party and I'm glad to say I adore it! I squeezed a blob on to the back of my hand to begin with and it was more liquidy than I imagined it would be. I then blobbed it onto my face and buffed it in with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I really took my time buffing it in, making sure it was fully settled and even. As you can see in the before and after above, it has really great coverage, it also brightens and gives my skin a really luminous glow and it just glided over any dryness on my face. I hardly needed any concealer and I just used a little bit of the No7 Glow Stick highlighter to amp up the glow.

Overall I am so pleased that I finally decided to pick this foundation up. Due to the price it won't be something that I use recklessly but it's going to be perfect for formal events or for when I'm performing due to how well it lasts on the skin. You can pick it up from John Lewis for £35 here.

Olivia Ellen XXX

2 comments:

  1. Original Hendel`s Garden Revitalizing Goji Berries Cream 50ml in Pakistan

    Goji Cream in Pakistan For Order Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pakistan Biggest Online Shopping Store For Men And Women Shop Your Self Click Here >>>> Www.EtsyTeleShop.Com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...