Friday 28 August 2015

Packing Light // Holiday Make-Up






Whenever I go on holiday I always over-pack, both in terms of clothes and beauty. When I go on a beach holiday I don't need 4 different foundations and 2 eyeshadow palettes but I always took them anyway, so this year I'm trying to pack light and thought I'd share what I'm taking with you today.

In terms of bases, taking the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue was a no-brainer. It's a little bit of coverage with lots of glow and SPF 30, so perfect for sunny weather. If I want slightly more coverage in the evening I've also got the L'Oreal Infallible Foundation which I mix with the Bare Minerals for medium coverage that makes my skin look lit from within. I'm taking my normal concealers- Make-Up Forever Full Cover for blemishes and L'Oreal True Match Crayon for under the eyes. I might also take the L'Oreal Lumi Magic for highlighting but I haven't fully decided yet. For powder, it will of course be the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil which is my perfect powder right now.

For brows, I'm going for a very natural look with the Anastasia Brow Wiz and Bourjois Brow Natural. Both give a natural looking brow very easily, and I'll probably also take the L'Oreal Brow Plumping Gel although I couldn't find it when I took these photos- oops! I doubt I'll want to do an intense smokey eye while I'm away so I'm just taking a couple of eyeshadow crayons from Bourjois and my favourite eyeliner from Eyeko as these are all so simple to use but makes my eyes pop. I'm taking a waterproof mascara and one normal- Maybelline The Rocket and No7 Midnight Lash are my two favourites.

I couldn't decide on just one contour product so I am taking two, although the Sleek Face Form also has a blush and highlighter in it which I will use. I also love cream products in the summer so the Clinique Curvy Contour and my Topshop blush in Head Over Heels are also coming with me. The hardest thing for my to narrow down was lip products, because I have so many beautiful shades but really I am unlikely to use a huge amount. I've decide on the Clinique Pop Lipstick (I can't remember the shade but it's a beautiful glossy pink), MAC's So Chaud should I want a bold lip and two glosses by Almay and NYX that are easy to slick on and keep my lips soft. I'll also take a lip balm (or two- I'm terrible I know!) in my hand luggage.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...