Wednesday 9 September 2015

The Blunt Midi Bob


Suprise! I had a bit of a drastic hair change yesterday and I was so happy with it that I thought I'd share it with you. If you have a look back through some recent outfit posts you can see how my hair was previously- fairly long with light blonde ends but very dark brown roots. I've been growing my hair for years after having a very short pixie cut when I was about 13 and it was a decent length but the ends were gross- they got tangled easily and just always looked messy, no matter what oils or products I put through them. While I'd been enjoying experimenting with bright colours over the blonde base, the last few weeks I'd just become more and more unhappy with the colour. My roots were a dark brown that made the blonde look very unnatural. It was also looking quite brassy, and overall I was just tired with it. No matter how I styled it, I was never completely happy so I booked myself into the hairdressers to get it fixed up.

I knew I wanted a really blunt cut and my hairdresser was so thrilled by this, chopping away all the straggly ends that instantly made my hair look in better condition. It's quite a lot shorter than it was, sitting just on my shoulders, but it's still long enough to tie up and style. As for the colour, it was a very last minute decision to go darker, as I was originally going to go for a dark blonde all over but changed my mind the night before! I went for a warm chestnut brown all over, although there are still some tones through it from the highlights that were already underneath, so it looks beautiful when it catches the light. I'm so pleased with how it turned out- I was nervous I wouldn't like it but I think it's such a welcome change and really makes a difference to how I feel about my look. I got this done at Cute Hair in Wolverhampton, a salon I've been going to for years and would really recommend if you're in the area!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...