Sunday 9 September 2012

Sleek Storm Palette Review

Hiya guys! So I've got a review today and it's something I've wanted to buy for so long and I finally did. I went into my local Superdrug last week I believe intent on buying a palette from Sleek, and I was looking for their Ultra Matte V2 palette, but when I headed over to the Sleek stand in the shop, I was shocked- like all the tester palettes that they had on display were either missing or smashed, almost all of the boxes containing the palettes had been opened and used, and some of them were missing completely. So unfortunately, I couldn't even find a sample of the matte palette I wanted but luckily managed to find one I liked that didn't look like it had been used.


So above is the box that it came in. As I say, it had been opened, although there was no damage and the actual palette didn't appear to have been used. It's from the 'i-Divine' range and it's called 'Storm'. One of the reasons I bought it was because of the packaging, this is what the actual palette looks like from the outside:

It's a really gorgeous box, slim and matte black with Sleek on it in glossy letters and I just think it's really sleek (pardon the pun). I did find it a bit tricky to open at first but I think I'm getting used to it. This is what the palette looks like from the inside, and all the colours that are in it:




As you can see, it does have a mirror inside it which is really useful, and also a double-ended applicator which is really good because it's full size rather than those mini ones that you often get with palettes that are too small to even hold. You get a mixture of matte and shimmer shades which is great, and I'll describe the colours for you now:

- shimmery bronze
- light shimmery shell colour
- matte taupe/beige
- shimmery gold
- light pink shimmer
- dark pink shimmer
- shimmery brown
- light shimmery blue
- dark shimmery green
- dark shimmery blue
- matte brown
- matte black

The pictures that I have seen online look nothing like the actual palette to be honest which is why when looking online I didn't really like this one. I love the range of colours that you get, it really is a versatile palette as you can pull it off in the day as well as the night. Also, especially with the matte shades they are so so pigmented! The first time I used it, I put on way too much as I discovered you only need a really small amount to get the perfect colour.

After using this I would definitely try some more Sleek products (there are more palettes I like the look of and I've heard good things about the blushes too). This palette was £7.99 and they are available from Superdrug and direct from Sleek:
http://www.sleekmakeup.com/eyes/shadows/i-divine
http://www.superdrug.com/eyes/sleek-makeup-i-divine-12-piece-shadow-storm/invt/472360/&bklist=

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...