Wednesday 19 September 2012

Trend of the Week: Studs and Spikes

Hiya guys, today I'm going to be talking about my favourite trend at the moment which is everything studded and spiked! So there are so many ways in which you can wear this look- you can go all out with an extravagant piece, you can keep it relatively simple or keep all the studs in your accessories, and to demonstrate this I'm just going to show you some of the high-street pieces I'm loving at the moment:

So first of all are these shoes from Office which I adore! They're pretty simple flat pumps but it's the details which I think make them so great. They have a patent toe with a gold bar, with the main shoe being a black suede material, and then to really top it off is the studding on the heel. I love the way black and gold looks together, so these shoes are perfect. These are £28 and I'll link them below, along with all the other pieces I'm going to show you.

 Next is the most extravagant piece that I've seen but to be honest, it's probably my favourite! This bralet is from Topshop and the price is just as extravagant as the top- it costs £38, which is actually the same as a pair of jeans in Topshop, so this would definitely have to be an investment piece. Anyway, the lace panel at the front I suppose would be quite sheer, and I also think it's mesh all the way round so yeah, it would be quite revealing. However, I love the studs on the cups- I just think that it's really grungey and (I can't think of another word haha). It would look great with some high-waisted shorts, especially American Apparels new 'Disco Shorts' (which are their disco pants in hotpant form) or with some leggings and it would look great with some Jeffrey Campbell Litas!

Now the dress on the left shows how you can wear studs in an understated way. This dress, from River Island, is a skater style, with faux leather panels at the side and then very simply studding round the neckline. It's pretty and not too grungey, and you could really make this work for day or night, so if you're not brave enough to go all out with studs then this costs £32.







Finally is the bag on the right which again, shows that you can wear the stud trend in moderation! This one is from River Island although I found it on ASOS and £27 which I agree, is a lot for just a clutch bag, but it's so easy to style because you can put it with anything, even if your outfit is mainly prints, because the studs are quite small and simple so it doesn't steal all the attention from your outfit.

I've got a lot of posts lined up for you, I'm going to be doing a haul very soon but I've just got a couple more things to buy before I can write that, and I'm going to do a couple of 'How to Style' posts and also a make-up tutorial, so let me know which you want to see first!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

http://www.office.co.uk/womens/office/edie_stud/30/11967/33514/1?fs=11967
http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=21&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=6688077&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=277012&parent_categoryId=208491&pageSize=20
http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/dresses/skater-dresses/black-pu-panelled-skater-dress--626148
http://www.asos.com/River-Island/River-Island-Black-Studded-Simple-Leather-Clutch/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2382253&SearchQuery=stud&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...