Friday 17 August 2012

My Wedding Outfit!

Whether it's a family member, friend, or hopefully one day mine, I just love weddings. I love the everything about them- from the romance to the flowers, and I especially love choosing what I'm going to wear to one. I actually have a family wedding coming up in September and have recently finished getting everything together for my outfit, and I adore it (if I do say so myself). I thought that maybe you would be interested in seeing it, so I'm going to talk about my make-up, my dress, but I'll begin with accessories:


So I'll firstly just say that the colour scheme I was going for was a kind of taupe/beige, as that is the colour of my dress, so I wanted things to kind of tone in with this. Above is a picture of the bag that I have bought to go with the outfit. I love box clutches, I think they are a bit different and you can really fit a lot in them. This one is from Warehouse but I actually bought it on Asos. It was £25 and comes with a long shoulder strap, which tucks inside the bag, or you can take off, and also a shorter strap that I guess you would just hold it by. I chose this one in particular as I can really see myself reusing this in future which is what I was hoping from most of the things that I bought.


Next, the shoes. You've probably seen these before, they're from New Look and cost £22.99. I would describe them as an almond colour, and I love the chunky heel on them. They are the highest pair of heels that I currently own but I've been wearing them around the house so I do get used to them before I have to wear them out, and I also think that I can wear these again because obviously the nude kind of colour goes with pretty much everything.


On the jewellery front, I'm planning on keeping it simple- this is what I'm going for so far, although I may change my mind nearer the time. Now I already had these things which is a bonus as I didn't have to spend any more money on jewellery. The necklace was a gift, although I think it was from Primark, as was the bracelet, and the earrings I have spoken about before and are from Accessorize.


Finally for accessories is my hat/fascinator. I know it's traditional for people to wear big hats to weddings, and I've always been one for hats so I seized my opportunity. I looked around at some proper fascinators in shops (Coast, Accessorize) but they were all kind of expensive and nothing particularly special. So I popped into a little vintage shop in Wolverhampton (it's called Darlington Vintage, if you know Wolverhampton it's by Beatties as you're leaving town) and I've been in there a few times before and I love it, just as I would pretty much love any vintage shop. Anyway, I always knew they had hats and there were quite a few I liked but this one stood out to me. It was only £20 and is real vintage- I love the shape on the base, and the size of it, as it's quite extravagant but not too out there. I'm really pleased with it, it goes perfectly with the outfit, and yeah, it was a great buy, although I don't think I'll wear it again unless I have another wedding to go to!


So that's it for accessories, now onto make-up. On my nails, I am planning on wearing this Barry M Nail Paint in 'Mushroom'. I think this will contrast the outfit nicely and just make it so that not everything is the same colour. However this may change by the time it comes to it, I can never seem to make up my mind! As for make-up, I'm going to stick with a quite natural looking brown smokey eye, with natural blush and then some nude matt lips. I think this will be really effective, and as the outfit is a bit over the top, I don't want the make-up to be the same as I think it will be just too much.

Now for the dress: I am in love with this dress. I bought it months and months ago from River Island in Solihull and it was £55. My mum was actually the one that spotted it- I mentioned that I was looking for an outfit for the wedding, and she just spotted this and I knew as soon as I put it on that there would be no other dress that would compare to this. I bought it then and there, and have not seen one that I have preferred so that is brilliant news, I know I made the right decision. So, here it is!


The dress is short, with a scoop neck and little cap sleeves. It then has these little chiffon bits from either side which are just so elegant and wonderful. You can also see the shoes and the hat in this photo which I hope you agree go really well with it.

There you have it- the completed outfit, I hope you like it and that you found this interesting. I have some more good posts planned for you for the next few weeks, so I hope you also like those!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...