Sunday 6 September 2015

Summer Beauty Favourites


I know it's not long since I did my August favourites but I thought I'd round off the summer with my favourites products from the last few months. While I'm super sad that summer is over, we haven't exactly had the best weather and this autumn brings a really exciting new part of my life, plus I'm loving the look of this season's trends, so there are some positives (although in three months when I'm wearing 5 layers with a sniffly nose we'll see if I'm still saying this!). Anyway, let's look back over the summer!

The most obvious favourite is of course my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. It's the perfect light base but one that I'll definitely keep using through the winter months because it keeps my skin feeling so nourished and hydrated and adds a gorgeous glow to my skin. Another product that I've been loving is the Clinique Pop Lipstick. It's really moisturising and glossy but with a really intense colour payoff although to be honest I probably haven't used this as much as I should. A product I've only recently found is the Charles Worthington Sun Protection Shampoo and Conditioner as I picked up a mini bottles of these to take on my holiday. The small bottles actually didn't quite last me two weeks so I did have to pick something else up while I was there but I did really enjoy this combo. It made my hair feel so soft and my dry ends practically disappeared. As I wash my hair everyday on holiday I was worried it would look a bit limp but this wasn't a problem at all.

Something that I'll definitely continue to use all year round is the Soltan Shimmer Body Oil. While scent-wise it's probably not on the same level as the Nuxe or Tom Ford one, it's still a great dupe for making my legs look lovely. It's important to shake it up before applying it (something I've forgotten to do many a time!) as the shimmer particles do sometimes sink a little in the bottle, but once rubbed into my skin leaves it feeling super soft, enhances my tan and gives a perfected look. Finally is the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scent. It's the sugar crush scent condensed into a really strong body mist, that really lingers on the skin and hair. It's a fresh scent that will remind me of summer whenever I spray it.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...