Saturday 17 November 2012

Birmingham Shopping Haul!

So last weekend I went to Birmingham with a few of my friends- I hadn't got much money on me, I hadn't got plans to buy a lot of things, so I went in with an open mind and just decided that if I saw something I liked I would buy it. So I bought 6 things which I'll show you, and they're mostly from Forever 21 (which I live in whilst in Birmingham!) and then one item from Topshop. So anyway, I'll get started:

This first item is from Forever 21 and is this gorgeous faux fur collar in a deep burgundy/wine colour. This was a complete impulse buy- I spotted this up on the top shelf and just fell in love with it. I'm really in love with collars at the moment, and I think this will look good over some coats and shirts, and because it's detachable I think it's a simple way to add some glamour to an outfit. This cost £6.65 and hopefully I'll be able to get a lot of wear out of it this winter.




Next is a top from Topshop, and it's a skinny polo crop top in an aubergine colour. I'd seen someone online wearing a top similar to this and she styled it really well so I thought I'd buy it. It's not too short, so will be ok for winter with some high-waisted bottoms. It's a really nice shape so it shows off the shoulders, and I think this is quite sexy in an understated way. Also polo necks are really on trend at the moment and this one is really nice because it doesn't come up too high. Originally I wanted to buy the white version of this top but every single one had make-up all over the neck and body, so I went for this colour instead. This was £10 which I don't think is too bad as I actually saw the same top in American Apparel for a lot more than this.




So next are some jewellery items from Forever 21- first up are these really cute hair clips which are really simple, just normal hair clips but I was just drawn to the cute pastel colours. Normally I only use hair grips in my hair but I end up loosing so many of them so I thought that if I bought some hair clips I would be much less likely to loose them. Also these are amazing value- there are 12 in this pack and they were only £1.10 so I'm super happy with them.



Next is a necklace which isn't anything special, I've seen similar ones many times before but I still think it's lovely- it's a gold necklace with a moustache charm on the end, and it was only £2.40 so I bought it as I think it will add a fun twist to an outfit.



Finally two pairs of earrings- the first are this pair of studs which were a bargain at £1.50 and they're really cute and I love that from the front they look blue and sparkly, but from the side they are clear plastic. But yeah, they're really nice and just great for day to day wear.




The other pair of earrings I bought are these square pyramid earrings in gold, which have like an aztec pattern on. They are quite large, so I think they'll hang down belong my lobe. I think they'll be nice to wear for day and night, and they're not quite what I was looking for (I actually wanted some triangle aztec style earrings) but I couldn't find any others and they were only £3.90 so I thought I would buy them.




So overall I'm really happy with what I bought, and I'm sure you'll be seeing these items in some 'how to style' posts (I'm thinking of doing a how to style crop tops for winter so let me know if you're interested in seeing that in the comments below) and I'll see you soon!

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...