Saturday 3 November 2012

Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter Review

So recently I reviewed the Revlon 'Just Bitten' Lip Balm Stain for you, and in that post I think I mentioned that I also bought the Revlon Lip Butter, which is what I'm going to review for you today. There has been so much hype over this product in the blogosphere and so I just knew I had to try it. I bought the shade number 80 'Strawberry Shortcake' and if I'm being honest the name didn't appeal to me at all- as I think I've mentioned before, the names of products are quite important to me, and often have a great deal of influence on whether or not I buy the product, but when I went into Boots to buy this, they hardly had any shades left. However, I was desperate to buy one of these before I went away, and this was really the only shade left that suited me, so I had to buy it anyway. I don't know why I don't like the name, but it just didn't appeal to me at all.


The Packaging: I adore! So the casing is plastic, and has this kind of quilted effect on it which I think is really cute to look at, and the colour of the casing reflects the colour of the product inside. When you take off this plastic casing however, the inner tube is silver and looks really classy and mature, more like a lipstick than a lip balm. So the packaging is a really nice mixture and mature and fun in my opinion, and this really influenced my decision to buy the lip balm.



So the product...

The Colour: is really pretty- it's a sheer pale pink, with a little bit of shimmer in it which looks really pretty on your lips, and I think that this shade would suit most people.



The Texture: is ok, it applies really easily, and as it's sheer in colour, it doesn't have to be applied perfectly to your lips. It is a little sticky, but not in an irritating way. It reminds me a little of a lip gloss- I rarely wear a lip gloss because I don't like the texture or finish, and this is a little like one because you do get a glossy finish. Luckily, I quite like it as it's subtle.

The Smell: the balm does have a very faint sweet smell, which I actually really like, because I find it weird when lip products have no smell at all. It's just a sweet slightly fruity smell, and it's not at all over-powering. 

Staying Power: not great, but it depends on what you're doing. If I drink then it comes of quite easily and leaves a print on the glass, but because it's so light I don't mind reapplying it throughout the day.

Best For: daytime wear, and a really natural looking finish. Especially great for summer.

Price: this is £7.99 which does seem like quite a lot for a lip balm, but I do like it, and I haven't seen anything cheaper that would be similar so I'm quite happy that I bought it so far.

This lip butter is available in 14 shades and can be bought from Boots here.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...