Sunday 11 November 2012

Trend of the Week: Chelsea Boots

So I know I probably say this every week but Chelsea boots are one of my favourite trends for autumn/winter. I first started noticing them last year but by the time I decided I wanted some winter was nearly over so I no longer saw the point. This year I would say they have been so much more popular, and there are so many different styles available to buy, so I'm going to show you four of my favourites.

So first I really like these boots from Missguided- they're just really simple and go really well for the heritage trend that seems to be around at the moment. These also come in black and a lighter tan colour, but I think brown is best because they will just go with so many things. These are about £36 although I believe they are almost sold out in all sizes.

Next are this black chunky heeled pair of boots from soyoushoes.co.uk and these are really great to wear Chelsea boots with a touch of grunge, because of the chunky heel. They look like they would be really comfy, as the material looks pretty nice, and as I'm quite short (I'm only 5 foot 3) they would be great to add some height. These are also only £35 which I think is an absolute bargain, and they also come in two other colours I believe. They would be perfect for a slightly more dressed up outfit but could also be worn in the daytime if you style them right.

This pair of boots are from Topshop and these are possibly one of my favourite pairs I've seen due to- you've guessed it- the studs. I love that they can add some grunge and attitude to your outfit. I don't think that these are too over the top either, the studs are simple and understated, just enough to grab some attention. I would probably wear these with some denim cut-offs and tights for winter, I think it would work really well. These are £38 which again, is a really good price for a pair of boots like these, I would expect to pay a lot more for a pair of shoes like this.

As usual, I've saved the loudest until last and it's these shoes from ASOS which are mad but I do still think they're wearable. They really do have to be the centre of attention in your outfit, so I would keep it simple with maybe a skater skirt and a baggy jumper. I also think that these would go through into spring, because of the floral print which is great for those days when it isn't so warm. These are slightly more expensive than the others (£50 I think) but they do look like really good quality- the leather looks thicker, and the sole is more substantial so I think the price is reasonable in comparison to the product.

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...