Monday 25 February 2013

Trend of the Week: Cut-Outs

Hello all, this weeks trend is going to be cut-outs which is a trend which is perfect for summer when it's a bit warmer out but if it's still cold you can layer them with other items. I'll just get on:

First this dress is from Topshop- I love the mixture of stripes and floral prints. The cut-outs are in a lovely position just above the hips so show off just enough flesh, and the a-line shape of the skirt is gorgeous- I'm a big fan of a-line things at the moment.
How I'd wear this: I'd go with a cobalt blue blazer and some black flatforms, maybe a satchel and some gold jewellery.
£42, Topshop

So next is this really cute crop top by Sparkle and Fade, it's black velvet but I love the glitter specks in it, and the cut-out section in the back just adds something to the top.
How I'd wear this: I'd go with a high-waisted skater skirt and some chunky heels for a glam night out outfit.
£18, Urban Outfitters

Now if you know me you'll probably know that I love shoulder cut-outs and tie-dye so this completely is my thing! I really like the colours of the tie-dye, and I think that shoulder cut-outs are a really subtle but nice way to show off a bit of skin.
How I'd wear this: I think this is quite versatile so team with heels and an oversized clutch bag for a night out or with maybe some white converse and a denim waistcoat for a casual day look.
£18, Boohoo

The final item I want to show you is this royal blue playsuit with huge cut-out sections in the back. It's a great summery colour and also the cut-outs show a bit of flesh but are still quite demure.
How I'd wear this: some sandals are perfect with this for summer, and then stack lots of bracelets on your wrist. You could always add a leather jacket if it's cold out!
£48, Motel

Olivia Ellen XXX
@oliviaellen97

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...