Friday 30 August 2013

August Favourites!

My August favourites are early! This month I have a fair few items to show you, obviously I was away for half of the month so in terms of clothing there wasn't particularly anything that I really wore to death but I have got some lovely beauty products to show you.


Let's start off with my St Moriz Instant Face Tan- now as I was away, I'm a little browner than usual which means that a lot of my foundations are a bit too light for me now. Luckily, I've been using this as kind of a bronzing primer, and applying it lightly over my face and blending it into my neck before applying my foundation, and it kind of works as a primer too. The colour is 'Medium Matte' and it comes out of the bottle a dark, rich brown so I was a bit nervous before I first used it but it looks so natural and is not too dark at all.


I've read a lot of bad reviews on the Maybelline Baby Lips since they came out but I have to say, I'm a fan. OK, they're not the most moisturising but they're better than nothing, particularly with the slight tint to the lips for when you want a very natural 'no make-up' make-up look. This is the shade 'Cherry me' and I've been wearing this religiously since I bought it.


Another lip product I've been loving is MAC 'So Chaud', a matte finish lipstick in a gorgeous orange-red. I love wearing this on nights out with simple feline flicks on the eye. I haven't been brave enough to wear this out in the day yet but I'm sure if I find the right occasion I will- for more detail check out the review I did on it here.


You may know that I was in Uganda back in July. I had the most amazing time and picked up some great souvenirs while I was there, including these three bracelets. The one at the back is actually made of wire and recycled newspaper, while the green one was made by girls in a children home and the money goes directly to them. I love wearing these three together on my wrist because they're nice and casual; a nice addition to most outfits and remind me of a summer well spent.


And finally, my bizarre favourite of the month is this tumbler from Paperchase. Since there is now a small Paperchase in my town, I have got a little too much of an obsession with this shop and go in there every time I pop into town. I've used this cup everyday for over a month- I don't know why (probably because it has a straw) but I just love to drink out of this. I'm one of those people who has two drinks a day- one with breakfast and one before bed- but no more, I constantly have this cup filled up with something, be it water or fruit juice so I'm now always hydrated. Plus it's great for on the go as the straw has a clever thing whereby it can't fall out whilst the lid is on. I'd just finished a glass of Orangina which is why there is a slice of orange in there!

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...