Wednesday 26 February 2014

Maybelline Better Skin Foundation // Review






I had a few Maybelline vouchers to spend and had read a few good reviews about their newest foundation and decided it sounded right for me. It costs £8.99 and I picked up the shade 'Nude' which is slightly too dark for me (in the summer if I get a bit tanned I'm sure it will be perfect) but it is still blenadble. The packaging is nice, the bottle is glass but doesn't feel too heavy and the pump is really great because it doesn't dispense too much product at a time. I find I only need one-two pumps to cover my face evenly and I like to apply this with a damp beauty sponge rather than a brush as it means I'm not left with any streaky marks and it allows for better coverage.

The coverage I would say is medium but it has a very natural finish- it isn't particularly glowy nor does it have a matte finish so it does look like 'your skin but better'. It covers redness a without looking cakey and while I do still need to use a concealer on blemishes and dark circles that's pretty much expected anyway. As it's from the Super Stay range (I'm a big fan of the Super Stay concealer), it also has great staying power- I always use a primer, powder and often a setting spray and this really does last all day without sliding around. It doesn't really have a scene which is a bonus and feels very light on my face.

The main thing I'm eager to find out about this foundation is it's claim for 'better looking skin in 3 weeks' due to the addition of vitamins. I have to say I'm skeptical about this as I find that while make-up doesn't make my skin any worse, the only thing that actually makes it better is eating well, but I'll see how it goes and if it works you'll no doubt be hearing about this in a favourites post. For now though I really am enjoying this foundation and will definitely be using this a lot.

You can get this foundation here and I'm eager to try out the concealer that goes with it here.

Olivia Ellen XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...